More than 200 members and colleagues joined us on May 2 at the New Haven Lawn Club for the Council's annual luncheon to honor leaders in the field and to hear from Connecticut's newest leaders in philanthropy about the changing role of philanthropy.
The Council invites you to join the conversation on our blog and discuss how you can lean into your role as a leader. Follow our blog, CTPhilanthropyNotes.org.
In the coming months luncheon speakers, Lisa Walker from Newman's Own Foundation, David Addams from the Graustein Memorial Fund and Frances Padilla from Universal Health Care Foundation of Connecticut, will also post their remarks on the blog.
Other highlights of the luncheon included:
- Honoring the philanthropic achievements of The Melville Charitable Trust, Lucy Ball and Carlton Highsmith. You can read about their work HERE.
- Celebrating community foundations in Connecticut through the Governor's proclamation on the Community Foundations Centennial. You can view the proclamation and read about the good work of community foundations in Connecticut HERE.
- Welcoming new board leadership: Board Chair Sue Murphy, Vice Chair Judith Meyers, and Treasurer Chris Traczyk New Board Members: Amy Fry, Francis Padilla and Fahd Vahidy; and acknowledging outgoing board members: Immediate Past Board Chair Kim Healey, Andy Boone, Penny Canny, Barbara Fernandez, and Jack Horak. You can read about the board changes HERE.
Photos left to right:
- Janice Elliot, The Melville Charitable Trust with the Roberts Award; Lucy Ball, Lone Pine Foundation, with the Newman Award; Carlton Highsmith with the Filer Award.
- Connecticut State Community Foundtion Proclamation
- Fahd Vahidy, Graustein Family Office; Frances Padilla, Universal Health Care Foundation of Connecticut; Amy Fry, Boehringer Ingelheim Cares Foundation; Sue Murphy, Liberty Bank Foundation.
Thank you to all who supported us by attending the annual luncheon, we especially thank our sponsors!
Bank of America
The Travelers Companies, Inc.
eBenefits Group Northeast, LLC
The Walker Group