For staff and trustees of Council members
Join representative from the Council on Foundations and the Forum of Regional Grantmaking Associations to hear about a recent survey from the Urban Institute on Donor Advised Funds (DAFs) managed by community foundations. The survey results will help provide a full picture on the importance of DAFs to communities nationwide and will help to address the following questions that lawmakers often have about DAFs:
- How do community foundations use DAFs to support charitable activity?
- How do DAFs encourage new and non-traditional investors to become involved in organized philanthropy?
- To what extent do families use DAFs to engage the next generation in philanthropy and community affairs?
- Do DAFs increase the capacity of host organizations to respond to community emergencies and to play a leadership role in public-private partnerships?
- Do DAFs allow host organizations to take a multi-year strategy in dealing with a tough issue that cannot be immediately solved?
You will also hear how regional associations are using this information to educate policymakers.
David Biemesderfer, President/CEO, Florida Philanthropy Network (Moderator)
Rob Collier, President/CEO, Council of Michigan Foundation
Marissa Manlove, President/CEO, Indiana Philanthropy Alliance
Sue Santa, Senior Vice President of Public Policy and Legal Affairs, Council on Foundations