Tuesday, August 19, 2014 -
9:30am to 11:30am EDT
Graustein Memorial Fund, Hamden, CT
Add to Calendar
For Council members who have responsibility for program implementation and management.
Whether or not your foundation is engaged in public policy and advocacy, your role as a Program Officer demands your understanding of trending issues in the charitable and philanthropic sector, how they impact you and your grantees, and how philanthropy can engage to influence change. Join the conversation and participate in a discussion about how involvement in public policy and advocacy activities can advance your programmatic work and your foundation’s mission.
The agenda will include:
- A conversation with representatives whose foundations have public policy and advocacy strategies about how strengthening the voice of their foundations has created greater impact.
- An open discussion about how different foundations have elected to engage to drive improvements and influence change, who needs to be involved, how you know if your policy and advocacy work is on track, and how you can quantify success.
- A brief conversation about your interest in professional development planning and tools (in preparation for a future meeting)
- Diane Sierpina, Tow Foundation
- Nancy Von Euler, Fairfield County Community Foundation
- Toral Maher, Liberty Bank Foundation
Questions? Contact Deb Werner, 860-525-5585