Join CCP members for a workshop in partnership with Grants Managers Network on grants management's role in supporting organizational effectiveness.
Aligning Operations with Program in Service of Strategy
Good grantmaking practices lead to better grantmaking impact. Yet funders often treat how grants are made as completely separate from grantmaking impact. Grantmakers are experimenting with new organizational structures and tactics to support real-time learning and feedback about effective grantmaking – putting grants management at the center of strategy and impact. This session will share promising approaches to bridging organizational silos from GMN’s research on grants management’s role in supporting organizational effectiveness. Participants will discuss promising structures and behaviors and think about breaking down silos between operations and program in your own setting.
- Share findings from attitudes and perceptions survey and successful structures work
- Increase motivation to bridge silos by sharing stories of successful structures
- Provide concrete strategies for better engaging grants management and aligning practice with program
- Increase understanding of grants management’s value to the organization and GMN’s value to the field
- The data: what we’ve learned about our field and grants management’s role and potential
- Bright spots: story-telling or case stories; 2-3 examples of successful structures
- Promising practices: what is different in organizations with successful structures?
- Small group discussion: use typology to identify structures at participant foundations and discussion guide to prompt conversation about benefits/drawbacks and next steps.
Communications & Practices Director
Grants Managers Network
You must "log in" in order to register.
First time logging in? Submit your email address to set a password and activate your account >> Email not found? Create an account >>
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the "Register Now" link above. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: To register yourself, please log in and click the "Register Now" link above. (no fee)
For more information on the program content contact Nikki Powell, Communications & Practices Director, Grant Managers Network.
For questions concerning registration or logistics contact Carolyn Giuliano, Special Projects Manager, 860-525-5585.