About the World Affairs Council of Connecticut:
The World Affairs Council of Connecticut (CTWAC) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that promotes greater awareness and dialogue on important global issues. With an emphasis on community engagement and collaboration, the Council creates experiences that explore critical global issues and promote a greater understanding of the world.
The World Affairs Council of Connecticut (CTWAC) is seeking a Development Manager for a part time consultant or contractor position. CTWAC is a non-profit, non-partisan organization operating in the Hartford, Connecticut community with local and regional community programming. The Development Manager will support the CEO with the management of fundraising initiatives, including: relationship building, managing and acquiring sponsorships, donor stewardship and gift management, and grant writing, research, and management.
You’re a great fit for this position if you are:
- A fundraising specialist transitioning into a part-time flexible work schedule
- A fundraising consultant looking for mission driven clients with exciting new opportunities
- Seeking a flexible part-time schedule to continue working in the non-profit and fundraising community
- Interested in using your skills to help promote global education and community engagement with the critical global issues that impact us on a local level
- Interested in a small-team environment with highly motivated and mission-driven staff
- Deliver fundraising support to the CEO
- Generate and track leads, as well as conduct outreach
- Monitor fundraising pipeline, track activity, update notes, and prompt action.
- Author or create proposals, presentations, grants, budgets, meeting briefings, talking points, notes and other tools to help secure/renew commitments.
- Write thank you letters and prepare gifts in acknowledgement of donations.
- Conduct prospect and grant research and develop prospect/donor profiles.
- Assist with increasing the number of individual donors.
- Write, develop, and execute donor communications under direction of the CEO.
- Engage Board of Directors to assist in donor stewardship and solicitation.
- Attend some external events, build relationships in the community, and develop partnerships to increase membership.
- Administer database system for contact management including donors, prospects, and other key organizational stakeholders. Includes donor data entry, pulling reports, and extracting mailing lists.
- Establish and maintain internal systems and standards for impeccable relationship/donor management.
- Participate in organizational events and provide eager assistance to teammates when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by CEO.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of related experience.
- Demonstrated interest in international affairs and passionate about the CTWAC Mission
- Organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated
- Comfortable working in a small team setting
- Proven ability to effectively manage robust workloads, meet deadlines, and successfully prioritize tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, results-oriented, mission-driven environment.
- Experience in customer service, client support and/or donor relations is a plus.
- Proficiency in technology, various cloud-based services, CRM databases, online giving, as well as common social media platforms.
- Adaptability –adapts to changes in the work environment, manages and prioritizes various projects and tasks simultaneously
- Dependability –consistently to work on time, follows instructions, ensures completion of projects and tasks, and responds to management direction.
- Positive –eagerly accepts tasks with a “can-do” attitude and a constant desire to learn new things.
- Follow-Up –proactively follows-up on all deliverables and requests in a timely manner. Effectively manages details and is highly responsive.
- Communication –edits work for spelling and grammar, presents data effectively and can interpret written information.
- Discretion –possesses good judgment and can maintain confidentiality.
- Cultural Acumen –values multi-cultural experiences, appreciates cultural differences, and demonstrates a worldview of inclusion.
The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience. Please send your salary expectations along with your application.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to email@example.com