The mission of Goodwin University is to educate a diverse student population in a dynamic environment that aligns education, commerce, and community. Our innovative programs of study prepare students for professional careers while promoting lifelong learning and civic responsibility. As a nurturing university community, we challenge students, faculty, staff, and administration to fully realize their highest academic, professional, and personal potential.
Position Description Summary/Purpose:
The Director of Development is focused on the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors to the Goodwin University Foundation. The position is responsible for quantifiable goals for visits, asks and money raised. Oversees and participates as needed in support of all functions of the Advancement team including Alumni Relations, Annual Fund, Events and Stewardship.
Essential Job Functions/Primary Responsibilities:
(The essential functions or duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Develop yearly comprehensive solicitation and stewardship campaign.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit prospects for leadership gifts to support University priorities.
- Plan and coordinate strategies to develop donors and contributions and build relationships in the community.
- Stay current on development best practices in the field.
- Plan and implement Annual Giving Campaigns for employees, alumni, parents and friends.
- Oversee, plan and implement two yearly signature fundraising events – the Goodwin Clambake and Golf Tournament, leading a joint team of staff and board members.
- Capture all relevant prospect data in the University data system (currently eTapestry) and apply Moves Management theories for all prospects.
- Attend University and community gatherings to develop and strengthen relationships.
- Staff and support the University Foundation Board of Directors as required.
- Supervises the Alumni Coordinator, who plans yearly alumni development strategy including social and professional networking opportunities, and recreational and engagement activities.
- Oversee, plan and implement yearly event “The Goodwin Awards” to acknowledge donors, partners, faculty, staff and alumni with a focus on strengthening alumni networks and grow the alumni giving base.
- Conduct all work with an eye toward return on investment.
- Track income and expense on all fundraising activities to maximize dollars raised.
- Produce and review reporting on a monthly basis to track effort and financial outcomes of activities and events and adjust strategies as appropriate to maximize efforts and outcomes.
- Conduct all work in a safe manner and all work safety practices are followed.
- Performs similar or related work as required, directed or as situation dictates.
- Continues professional development and training; keeps current with trends.
- Assists other department staff as needed to promote a team effort.
- Majority of time will be onsite, but limited/occasional work from home is allowable.
Knowledge, Ability and Skill:
- Demonstrated commitment to developing and fostering best practices and policies to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion, and contribute to an environment in which all members of the University community are treated with respect and dignity.
- Experience with individual giving campaigns and events management.
- Excellent communication skills
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the field
- Valid license & insured vehicle
Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 401k employer match
- Employee & dependent life insurance
- Great tuition benefits for employee, spouse & dependents
- PTO program
- Flexible work schedules / work from home opportunities
(This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee. It is used as a guide for personnel actions and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.)
To apply for this position please go directly to our website (goodwin.edu/jobs) or follow this link: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=4622...