About the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving:
For nearly 100 years, generous individuals and families have trusted the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving to help them make a lasting, positive impact in their community and in their own and future generations. Under its strategic commitment, the Hartford Foundation is poised to move to a greater level of impact and growth that will enhance our ability to support nonprofits and other partners to identify and serve community needs. We also seek to enhance our role as a trusted steward, collaborator and innovator.
Summary of Role:
If you are committed to our mission – putting philanthropy into action to create lasting solutions that result in vibrant communities within the Greater Hartford Region – and take pride in detail-oriented, high-quality work, please consider this opportunity to join the Foundation as a Grants Associate. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Grants Associate processes grant applications and grant award payments in Foundant GLM, verifying requirements are met while ensuring timely and accurate completion.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serves as primary contact for assigned grant and scholarship payment request charts, selection reports, confirmations and maintenance of associated documentation.
- Reviews, monitors and processes submissions from grant applicants in GLM and assigns staff evaluators.
- Processes payments to grantees according to detailed award specifications.
- Follows financial control procedures to ensure proper authorizations for all grant award and payment approvals.
- Updates profiles and other records as necessary in Foundant, ensuring consistency and data integrity.
- Responds to requests for information from grantees and staff including support of GLM user inquiries.
- Monitors process deadlines and sends reminders to internal staff and external grantee partners for required documents.
- Other related duties.
Competencies and Attributes:
- Deep commitment to the values of equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details with the ability to multi-task and meet departmental deadlines.
- Comfort with database management and ability to assist other users.
- Communication competencies including ability to responsively listen and convey procedural requirements to others.
Education and Experience:
- Degree requirement can be substituted with equivalent practical experience.
- Associate degree.
- 2-3 years of experience in a nonprofit organization.
Hartford, CT; Work assignment includes in-office work and remote work.
For more information about the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving, please visit our website: www.hfpg.org