Individual Giving and Event Planning Coordinator
AHM Youth & Family Services provides a range of support services to local children, teens, and adults, including mental health, juvenile justice, prevention, and positive youth development programs. We seek an experienced professional to lead the agency’s fundraising efforts and coordinate special events. Reporting to the Executive Director, this position requires a team-oriented professional who will build upon the success of past fundraisers, with a long-term goal of introducing new ideas and initiatives.
- Plan and execute a series of established annual fundraisers and special events.
- Work with the Executive Director to plan community events that promote greater visibility and awareness of AHM’s programs and services.
- Coordinate an individual giving annual appeal.
- Manage strategies and activities for donor cultivation, solicitation, and donor relations.
- Provide support to the AHM Endowment Committee, to help further develop a comprehensive planned giving program for the AHM endowment funds.
- Work with AHM’s Design and Marketing Specialist to promote fundraisers and special events by writing weekly press releases and submitting content for social media posts.
- Prepare a monthly report of all fundraising activities, and periodically present information at Board of Director meetings.
- Attend all fundraising meetings. Serve as the onsite supervisor during all fundraising events, from set-up to breakdown.
- Position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Fundraising, Fund Development Management, Philanthropic Studies, or related field.
- A minimum of five years working in a public charity or corporate environment on special events and/or fundraising.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required; proficiency with fundraising and donor databases is preferred.
- Excellent customer service and networking skills, and the ability to positively build on and grow a network of donors and volunteers.
- Superior writing skills, a strong eye for detail, and the ability to meaningfully collaborate and generate ideas.
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401k with Company Match
- Generous Paid Time Off package
Schedule: Full Time, 30 hours per week.
Anticipated Start Date: Mid-November 2022
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to: HumanResources@ahmyouth.org
AHM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please visit our website at www.ahmyouth.org.