HARTFORD, CT - Individuals and foundations in Connecticut gave $5 billion in charitable contributions during 2015*, according to the Connecticut Giving Report, an annual publication of the Connecticut Council for Philanthropy (CCP).
As in past years, the Connecticut Giving Report documents charitable giving by individuals, bequests, and foundations as well as philanthropic trends and insights. This year’s report includes a geographic breakout of foundation giving, a look at foundation giving by population, as well as how much support for the state’s nonprofits flow from out-of-state foundations.
- Individuals and foundations in Connecticut gave $5 billion to charitable organizations in 2015.
- In 2015, $3.81 billion of giving was provided by Connecticut individuals.
- 74% of Connecticut households donated to charity, in 2015.
- In 2015, foundations in Connecticut provided $1.2 billion in grants to support programs and organizations in the state, around the country, and even internationally.
- Out-of-state foundations contributed $419 million in grant dollars to Connecticut nonprofits.
- Despite an increase in individual giving from 2014 to 2015, the numbers of Connecticut residents supporting charitable groups has declined 10% since 2005.
* The report covers giving for calendar year 2015, the most recent year available for comparable data. Every year the Connecticut Council for Philanthropy (CCP) collects and analyzes information for this report from a variety of sources including the University of Indiana’s Giving USA and Generosityforlife.org, Guidestar, the IRS Statistics of Income Division, and from 990 and 990-PF tax returns collected by the Foundation Center.
Download the Connecticut Giving Report: https://www.ctphilanthropy.org/resources/giving-connecticut-2018
About the Connecticut Council for Philanthropy
The Connecticut Council for Philanthropy is the state’s association of grantmakers. The organization, founded in 1969, is committed to promoting and supporting effective philanthropy for the public good. CCP membership is comprised by foundations, business and corporate giving programs, individual philanthropists, and those serving the philanthropic sector. CCP members annually grant more than $1.01 billion from assets of more than $8.4 billion. Learn more at www.CTphilanthropy.org.
Connecticut Council for Philanthropy