NEWINGTON, CT -- Farmington Bank was acquired by People’s United Bank effective October 1, 2018. The Farmington Bank Community Foundation, which served as the charitable arm of First Connecticut Bancorp. Inc, the holding company of Farmington Bank, will continue on as a private charitable foundation.
The Farmington Bank Community Foundation will continue to serve the communities of Hartford County supporting local nonprofits. The mission and emphasis remain the same. Our focus is on programs and services that assist households most in need, and make a lasting difference for the people and communities they serve. We encourage and fund programs that lead to change in individuals or the system, and the impact or outcome that is achieved is a key factor in the decision process.
The Foundation will continue to be led by Christine Traczyk who will become its full-time Executive Director effective December 4, 2018.
In 2019, the Foundation will have four grant cycles, each defined by one of its areas of interest, with defined application and review periods. Requests for funding that fall outside of these parameters will not be considered. Contact us if you are unsure of your grant cycle.
Grant Cycle 1 – Community & Economic Development
- Applications accepted12/1/18 through 1/31/19 with decisions by March 2019.
- Eligible requests support business entrepreneurship or assistance to small business, workforce development, affordable housing, neighborhood/community revitalization and financial education.
Grant Cycle 2 – Education
- Applications accepted3/1/19 through 4/30/19 with decisions by June 2019.
- Eligible requests support adult education, out of school learning, reading promotion, early childhood development and educational development.
Grant Cycle 3 – Health & Human Services
- Applications accepted 6/1/19 through 7/31/19 with decisions by September 2019.
- Eligible requests support basic needs, family and youth services, abuse prevention, community healthcare or access to health care.
Grant Cycle 4 – Community Investment
- Applications accepted 9/1/19 through 10/31/19 with decisions by December 2019
- Eligible requests support local cultural and historical museum programming.
The Farmington Bank Community Foundation looks forward to remaining a part of the community for many years to come.
Farmington Bank Community Foundation