Grants include support for meals for healthcare workers at Hartford Hospital, St. Francis, CT Children’s, Bradley Memorial Hospital, Bristol Hospital and Oak Hill
HARTFORD, CT -- Last week, Congressman John Larson’s campaign announce the creation of a new fund at the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving intended to provide support for local nonprofit organizations to provide meals to health care workers.
The John B. Larson Healthcare Worker Nourishment Fund is pleased to announce the first round of grants to support organizations to provide onsite, on-the-job nourishment and sustenance to health care workers, who are treating and caring for people impacted by the COVID-19 global pandemic, at hospitals and other healthcare facilities in the First Congressional District of Connecticut.
These grants include:
- $3,000 to Hartford Healthcare for the COVID-19 Fund to purchase food for healthcare workers at Hartford Hospital and the Hospital of Central Connecticut's Bradley Memorial Hospital.
- $1,500 to Saint Francis Foundation to purchase food for healthcare workers at Saint Francis Hospital.
- $1,500 to Oak Hill to purchase food for healthcare workers.
- $1,500 to Connecticut Children's Medical Center Foundation to purchase food for healthcare workers at Connecticut Children’s main campus in Hartford.
- $1,500 to Bristol Hospital Development Foundation to purchase food for healthcare workers at Bristol Hospital.
- $1,500 to Eastern Connecticut Health Network to purchase food for healthcare workers at Manchester Memorial Hospital.
- $1,000 to Healing Meals to distribute healthy food and broth to healthcare workers.
“John Larson has always stayed in close touch with the needs of the region and when he contacted the Hartford Foundation about his idea to provide meals to health care workers, our staff worked quickly to put his compassionate and thoughtful plan into action,” said Hartford Foundation President Jay Williams. “We continue to be inspired by the incredible generosity of Greater Hartford residents and John Larson provides a wonderful example of how people can work to support the greater good of our region.”
The Hartford Foundation has also launched the COVID-19 Response Fund to provide flexible resources to organizations throughout the region that serve residents who are disproportionately impacted by coronavirus and the economic consequences of the outbreak. The Fund is designed to complement the work of federal, state and municipal government efforts and expand local capacity to address all aspects of the outbreak as efficiently as possible.
The Hartford Foundation for Public Giving is the community foundation for Hartford and 28 surrounding communities. Made possible by the gifts of generous individuals, families and organizations, the Foundation has awarded grants of more than $795 million since its founding in 1925. For more information about the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving, visit www.hfpg.org or call 860-548-1888.
Senior Public Policy and Media Relations Officer
Hartford Foundation for Public Giving