UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE FOUNDATION OF CONNECTICUT
MERIDEN, CT -- Universal Health Care Foundation of Connecticut is seeking a Communications Coordinator to work with the Director of Program & Policy and other Foundation staff to develop plans for, and implement, the organization’s multi-faceted, dynamic communications strategy.
Universal Health Care Foundation of CT - Our mission is to serve as a catalyst that engages residents and communities in shaping a democratic health system that provides universal access to quality, affordable health care and promotes health in Connecticut. We believe that health care is a fundamental right and that our work is part of a broader movement for social and economic justice.
Communications Coordinator Position: This non-management position works with the Director of Program & Policy and other Foundation staff to develop plans for, and implement, the organization’s multi-faceted, dynamic communications strategy.
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the creation of engaging educational multi-media content; managing and setting target performance goals for the Foundation’s online/social media platforms and measuring impact; coordination of public relations functions; creatively using media platforms to engage individuals in our work, including the collection of individual health care stories; coordinating communications planning; assisting in organizational and campaign branding and message development; and, supporting staff in the development of materials for education, advocacy and fund development purposes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Director of Program & Policy and President to develop the
- Foundation’s annual communications plan, including message and brand development
- Lead the team responsible for implementation of the communications plan
- Coordinate the strategic use of the Foundation’s multiple online media platforms
- Coordinate the development and creation of blogs, videos, infographics and posts for Foundation platforms and publications. May also include coordination of other staff and consultants on these projects.
- Lead the team responsible for upkeep of the Foundation’s website
- Oversee and implement the Foundation’s editorial calendar, including production of Foundation online newsletter(s)
- Develop and maintain a health care story bank
- Manage communications-related vendors, including contract development and compliance
- Maintain media contact list and assist in media relations work, including press releases, press statements and press conferences
- Track and analyze metrics and trends related to the Foundation’s media platforms, including recommending adjustments in order to maximize impact
- Provide support for Foundation’s fund development, advocacy and programmatic work • Provide support for Foundation-sponsored events and activities
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, English or liberal arts
- Relevant experience with the use of online media platforms for education, advocacy and/or engagement
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Public policy advocacy-related written and verbal communication skills
- Graphic design and video production capacity is a plus
- Experience with the effective use and maintenance of online media platforms
- (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram)
- A self-starter who is willing to try new things to meet organizational goals
- A collaborative team player able to work with diverse staff, allies, vendors and volunteers to achieve communications goals
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time, and meet deadlines
- Commitment to racial equity and justice, and an understanding of its role in health reform
- Experience with community organizing or consumer engagement is a plus
- Spanish language literacy is a plus
The Foundation is committed to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion or creed, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, physical appearance or disability.
To Apply: Interested applicants should submit a written statement of personal interest in the
Communications Coordinator position (limit 600 words), a resume and two writing samples. Materials should be sent by March 1, 2019 to: HR@universalhealthct.org
No phone calls, please. Finalists will be contacted for an interview.
This position shall remain open until filled.