UNITED WAY OF CENTRAL AND NORTHEASTERN CONNECTICUT
HARTFORD, CT -- United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut is searching for a Community Engagement and Marketing Manager who is a critical thinker, self-starter, confident with strong relationship building and communication skills to be part of our United Way team located in Hartford. The ideal candidate will share our organizational values and beliefs.
United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut is one of more than 1,200 autonomous United Ways in our nation and nearly 1,800 community-based United Ways in 45 countries and territories. We have the unique ability, vision and resources to bring together diverse stakeholders around a community vision of creating positive change to achieve long-lasting results for children and families. Our Community Engagement and Marketing team helps to raise awareness of United Way’s work and the impact can all make together for local children and families.
To engage and bring together people and resources committed to the well-being of children and families in our community.
A community where opportunities are available for every child to succeed in school and for every family to achieve financial security.
In pursuing our mission, the following principles guide our relationships with stakeholders, including our donors, volunteers, partners, employees and the communities we serve: a belief that respect, equity, diversity and inclusiveness make us stronger; engaging others with professionalism and quality support; seeking creative and sustainable solutions to pressing social challenges; maintaining the highest standards of personal and organizational honesty in order to ensure stewardship of donors’ dollars; being proactive and responsive through consistent communication; and, delivery of high-quality services and effective measurement of results to ensure efficiency and innovation.
Join Our Team! Career Opportunity
We’re searching for a full-time Community Engagement and Marketing Manager, who is a critical thinker, self-starter, confident with strong relationship building and communication skills to be part of our United Way team located in Hartford. The ideal candidate will share our organizational values and beliefs.
As the Community Engagement and Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for duties including, but not limited to, managing and implementing strategies through which United Way mobilizes people to give, advocate and volunteer; managing volunteer recruitment, engagement and recognition strategies, event planning; and, developing content for multiple platforms.
What You’ll Do:
- Year-Round Strategic Engagement: Manages strategies for engagement of people (both in and out of the workplace) in opportunities to support United Way’s community goals while also positioning United Way as a leader in changing community conditions for children and families. Includes designing, implementing and evaluating innovative individual and corporate engagement services and experiences for year-round strategic engagement, including those related to affinity groups, ad hoc corporate engagement projects, and seasonal events and initiatives:
- Designs and manages community engagement services, experiences, initiatives, etc.
- Raises financial and material resources and recruits/supports volunteers in implementing United Way engagement opportunities.
- Positions United Way’s Community Investment products among current workplace partner audiences as well as new audiences.
- Develops and implements volunteer recruitment plans that attract a diverse pool of volunteers to participate in United Way managed programs including: Volunteer Income Tax Assistance; United Way Readers; United Way Student Success Coaches; and, United Way Readers.
- Manage the development of program collateral for ongoing and one-time volunteer engagement efforts as well as impact reports.
- Develop a communication strategy for United Way managed on-going programs, to ensure volunteers feel informed and thanked. This includes developing Community Engagement related newsletters, resource documents, etc.
- Brand: Manages implementation of large scale United Way volunteer events including, United Way Read for the Record; United Way Read Across America Day; and, United Way Day of Action. Develop content that demonstrates United Way’s impact in the community. Responsibilities include:
- Manage all Community Engagement event logistics and support other events as needed
- Collaborate with community partners to plan and execute events
- Recruit, manage and recognize volunteers
- Develop volunteer recruitment and media collateral for engagement events
- Collect impact stories from community partners and volunteers to be used for press outreach; web; and digital communications
- Technology: Manages community engagement-related technology processes to support organizational customer relationship culture, including CRM and digital communication platforms to ensure effective use of data for organizational efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services, social impact design, development, marketing, communication, public relations, social work, public policy or related field required.
- Minimum two years’ experience in volunteer management, social impact design, corporate community relations, project management, community organizing, or other related areas required; three years’ experience preferred.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is highly preferred.
- Familiar and knowledgeable about the forty (40) local towns and communities we serve.
- Driver’s license and valid transportation required.
- Technology skills including expertise with Microsoft Office and database management; willingness to learn new applications and identify innovative ways for technology to support organizational objectives.
- Familiarity with asset-based and/or social impact design approaches to community development, volunteerism, corporate philanthropy and tutoring/mentoring.
- Project management skills: ability to multitask, problem-solve, prioritize, delegate, and to create systems and processes.
- Requires excellent knowledge, skills and abilities in data analysis and insight generation, translation of complex issues into actionable efforts.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple priorities, and able to react and adjust quickly to changing conditions.
- Excellent communication skills; able to communicate effectively and articulately in writing and orally.
- Ability to keep his/her composure with the public and co-workers in everyday, stressful situations.
- Strong customer focus in all tasks and activities, even while at times under pressure.
- Ability to perform job with integrity, mission, vision and values consistent with United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut.
- Solid relationship management skills enhancing internal organizational relations and external community interactions.
- Ability to relate well with people from diverse groups.
- Holds self and other team members accountable for achieving results.
- Top priority is to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives performance and professional motivations.
- Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
- Some night and weekend hours required.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should submit a resume and a cover letter describing 1) their qualifications and experiences 2) salary requirements, and 3) how they learned about the position to:
United Way of Central and Northeastern CT
30 Laurel Street
Hartford, CT 06106
Email: email@example.com. No phone calls please.
United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut is an equal opportunity employer M / F / D / V.