HARTFORD, CT -- Everyday Democracy is looking for a resourceful and strategic digital community builder to join our team in a new role as our Digital Engagement Manager.
Everyday Democracy is looking for a resourceful and strategic digital community builder to join our team in a new role as our Digital Engagement Manager. In this role, you will tell stories of the Everyday Democracy network and amplify Everyday Democracy’s work and that of our growing anchor partners around the country. You will be responsible for leading our online efforts and you’ll use and learn about the latest online technologies and apply them to our work.
- Execute Everyday Democracy’s online strategy (web, email, social media, leadership development platform) to improve Everyday Democracy’s brand presence and increase the visibility of Everyday Democracy
- Design digital campaigns that align with organizational and network goals
- Maintain our web presence
- Maintain and manage all our social media channels
- Maintain systems for list building and email updates
- Lead online recruitment and registration for Everyday Democracy events
- Research and apply best practices for online engagement
- Stay up-to-date with digital media technologies and latest trends
- Connect with anchor partners around the country, civic ambassadors in Connecticut and Everyday Democracy network members to find and tell stories of learning and practice
- Learn about and help refine our Everyday Democracy voice so communications promote a racial equity lens, by which we mean: centering relationships, shifting, and sharing power, building bridges, and centering marginalized voices
- Curate and promote an online resource center for peer exchange and learning
- Work with Development Director to implement online fundraising initiatives
- Minimum 3 years of professional work experience
- 2+ years’ experience with any combination of the following: digital/social media, online community, and email strategy that drives audiences to action, with an understanding of what makes for compelling content and which channels make the most sense (such as Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, Facebook and TikTok) for different audiences
- 1+ years of experience using analytics to inform online engagement and website content development
- Strong writing skills, with good instincts, when it comes to recognizing and developing a good story
- Comfort with website content management systems and e-mail communication tools
- Quickly able to adapt and utilize new technologies
- Ability to work virtually
- Some professional experience with video/audio content creation and promotion
- Proficient in MS Office
- Experience with MailChimp, website CMS (Drupal), CRM (CIVI, Donor Perfect preferred)
- Team-oriented approach and willing to engage thoughtfully across differences of cultures, nations, language, class, race, ability, gender, race, sexual orientation, etc.
- Ability to do some graphic design work (Canva, Photoshop, or other tools) to create simple images for online use, update email templates, edit photographs, etc.
- Knowledge of web design
- 4 – year college degree in Communications, Digital Marketing, Journalism or Public Relations
- M – F work schedule, some flexibility/weekends may be required
- Some travel may be required
Everyday Democracy is an EO Employer-MF/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. Everyday Democracy will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at email@example.com or via phone at 860-928-2616. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the specified position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with Everyday Democracy prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter to - email@example.com