MERCY HOUSING AND SHELTER CORPORATION
HARTFORD, CT - Mercy Housing and Shelter Corporation is seeking a Director of Development to plan, organize, and direct all aspects of communications and development.
Plans, organizes, and directs all aspects of Communications & Development, implements media relations and agency communications as directed by CEO. Responsibilities include community outreach through press releases, newsletter, website updates and social media networks, marketing assistance through clients and donor collateral materials, and development assistance through overseeing major gifts. She/he works closely with and actively assists the CEO and Board of Directors to create an annual Fundraising Plan. Assure timely cultivation, solicitation, follow-up, tracks new and current prospects and donors. Analyze donor reports and lead strategy meetings to help track, cultivate and steward donors. Create and maintain relationships with policy makers and advocate for support of Mercy’s mission. Secures funding along with resources for the annual campaign, special events, in-kind donations, develops civic leadership and community support for programs, in addition to any special project funding, as determined by the CEO.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop an annual fundraising and marketing plan, in cooperation with the CEO, to successfully raise the needed annual operating funds and to raise the Agency’s visibility in the community.
- Conduct an annual fund campaign that includes cultivation events, direct mail appeals, special events, speaking engagements and expansion of the donor base.
- Develop fundraising campaign materials.
- Keep updated records of funding sources of Development-initiated programs. Manage the donor database.
- Keep updated files of new funding sources.
- Advocate on behalf of MHSC clients in the community.
- Develop and manage relations with a broad variety of media outlets.
- Collaborate with the CEO to plan the development of proposals to corporations and private foundations for new and ongoing programs.
- Collaborate with CEO in regards to external communications, public relations information.
- Develop and maintain relations with elected leaders to fulfill the MHSC mission.
- Produce agency publications, including newsletter, brochures, video, etc.
- Manage and maintain the Agency website.
- Act as a resource person for the CEO and program directors.
- Work closely with the volunteer coordination program, maximize its effort and resolve problems that may arise.
- Implement agency Policy and Procedures as appropriate.
- Staff the Board Development Committee.
- Perform any other task that will assist the agency in carrying out its mission.
GENERAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
It is the responsibility of each Mercy Housing and Shelter employee to:
- Treat all clients with dignity and respect, prioritize client needs, and advocate for the people we serve.
- Maintain confidentiality of client information.
- Promote the human dignity, rights, safety, and wellbeing of clients served.
- Professionally and ethically handle agency and client money/property.
- Fulfill all responsibilities as a mandatory reporter.
- Display a positive attitude towards clients, programs and the agency.
- Demonstrate good communication with clients, supervisors, peers, outside resources and family/guardians.
- Demonstrate good attendance.
- Punctually attend all assigned meetings, in-services and trainings.
- Demonstrate involvement as a team member.
- Adhere to all applicable regulations, laws and policies/procedures and know and understand your job description.
- Submit paperwork and meet job responsibility deadlines as assigned.
- Analytical – Analyze complex information; collects and research data.
- Business Acumen – demonstrates orientation to profitability; understands implications of business decisions; displays an understanding of the market and competition.
- Strategic Thinking – Understands the agency’s strengths and weaknesses; identifies agency’s threats and opportunities; meets challenges with resourcefulness.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems with creative solutions; uses reasoning and works well in a group to solve problems.
- Customer Service – Maintains a customer service approach to work; promptly responds to inquiries and requests; solicits feedback.
- Communication – Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to clearly communication information.
- Change Management – develops manageable implementation plans; clearly communication changes
- Planning – organizes, prioritizes, and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals, identifies resources, and executes work activities.
- Professionalism – is dependable; timely; keeps commitments; maintains professional communication; takes initiative.
This individual supervises the Communications & Development Associate.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university or equivalent work experience required; an extensive background in fundraising, public relations and print media preferred. Ability to work flexible hours.
Ability to present information effectively to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors; ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Proficiency with database program, Microsoft Office Suite, and Raiser’s Edge software; database and website management required..
Applicants can apply by sending their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mercy Housing and Shelter Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.