WILLIMANTIC, CT -- Perception Programs is seeking a Director of Donor Relations to maintain Perception Program’s Culture of Philanthropy by developing the relationships that will result in a stable base of financial support for the organization.
The leadership of Perception Programs believes that addictions are biological, psychological, social, and are behavioral disorders which can adversely affect a person’s physical, psychological, economic, spiritual, and social well-being. We also recognize that mental health disorders and criminal behaviors are often closely associated with each other and with substance use. As a result, we offer multiple treatment modalities, using evidenced-based approaches to assist every client in developing cognitive, emotional, behavioral and social resources to live healthy lives. Our mission is to reduce our clients’ at-risk behaviors and to promote their mental and physical health, family and social supports, lawful behavior, employment, educational goals, and overall health and safety. We provide seamless care for every person, from admission to treatment to aftercare. www.perceptionprograms.org
In fulfilling our strategic planning initiatives, PPI is seeking a Director of Donor Relations to work with the senior leadership to maintain Perception Program’s Culture of Philanthropy by developing the relationships that will result in a stable base of financial support for the organization. Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Donor Relations will prospect, cultivate, solicit and steward individual donors, foundations and government agencies to help meet the organization’s annual fundraising goals.
The benefit of this position will be the satisfaction of helping donors fulfill their passions and interests through their giving to Perception Programs.
Chief Executive Officer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Model Perception Program’s Culture of Philanthropy for all PPI staff and in its dealings with donors and prospective donors.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward qualified donors aligned with the organization’s mission and programs.
- Create individual goals for each person based the donor’s history of giving and the knowledge of that donor’s potential.
- Create a plan for each donor or potential donor that will outline the communication and marketing plan for each person. Will faithfully and in a timely manner execute the plan so that individuals are secured or retained and upgraded. Majority of time will be spent out of the office with potential and existing donors.
- Work with PPI’s program and communications departments to secure appropriate information, including budgets to create offers, proposals and asks that will be used to secure gifts from potential and existing donors.
- Create a monthly report to reflect monthly activities and performance.
- Performance will be measured by:
- Ability to qualify donors who represent the highest giving potential for the organization.
- Ability to create reasonable financial goals for each donor based on their giving and potential.
- Ability to create a personal contact and ask plan that takes into account the individual donor’s interests and motivations and that results in closed new donors and retained and upgraded existing donors.
- Ability to secure project and organizational information and create and write effective offers, proposals and asks that result in increasing funds for Perceptions. Ability to secure information that can be sent back to donors to report how their money was used.
- Ability to create a monthly report that accurately reflects donor recruitment activities and performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Minimum of three years’ experience working in demonstrated success in developing a donor base for a social services nonprofit organization.
- Knowledge of non-profit funding environment
- Prior experience working at non-profit agency strongly preferred
- Experience in funding management database software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to track and meet strict deadlines
Highly competitive salary and benefits commensurate with historical job performance.
Please submit via e-mail a Letter of Interest and current resume or CV to:
Chief Executive Officer
4 North Street, P.O. Box 407
Willimantic, CT 06226
No Phone Calls Please