The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven
The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven is seeking a seasoned professional to be responsible for the design and implementation of a comprehensive and ongoing development program in conjunction with the development staff.
About the Foundation
The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven, the region's largest grantmaker and permanent charitable endowment, is seeking a qualified candidate for Director of Gift Planning. The Community Foundation’s mission is to create positive and sustainable change in Greater New Haven by increasing the amount of and enhancing the impact of community philanthropy.
Title: Director of Gift Planning
Department: Development and Donor Services
Reports to: Senior Vice President for Development and Donor Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Director of Gift Planning is responsible for designing and implementing aspects of a comprehensive and ongoing development program in conjunction with development staff The emphasis is on relationship building with professional advisors, donors and prospects in the area of major gifts, endowment and planned giving. S/he will be a strategic, dynamic and collaborative professional who possesses outstanding organization, communication, fund development and supervisory skills.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of accomplishment with a combination of development, donor relations, professional advisor outreach, stewardship and leadership experience and success. We are a looking for a seasoned development professional who would work in close collaboration with colleagues on achieving the Foundation’s mission.
- Ensures the Foundation’s mission is clearly articulated to current and potential donors to assure institutional integrity and donor intent.
- Demonstrates a full range of development skills including prospect research, solicitation and donor stewardship, with a focus on major and planned gifts.
- Manages a broad portfolio of major gift prospects, donors, and professional advisors through the entire cycle of development – from research and identification through cultivation, solicitation, closure, and stewardship.
- Delivers outstanding results with respect to major gift solicitations.
- Bachelor's Degree required, advanced or professional degree or CAP designation preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in major donor and gift solicitation, or an equivalent combination of related experience.
- Community Foundation knowledge a plus.
- Demonstrated accomplishment in the acquisition of major gifts.
- Experience working with professional advisors and with philanthropy in estate planning.
- High touch leadership style that inspires and sustains relationships
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and donor databases.
Applicants should submit letters of interest and other related support material to Human_Resources@cfgnh.org no later than July 31, 2018. No phone calls please.
The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven is an equal opportunity employer.