THE UNITED WAY OF CENTRAL AND NORTHEASTERN CT
HARTFORD,CT - The United Way of Central and Northeastern CT is seeking a Director of Workplace Giving who is a leader in developing and executing strategies to increase revenue and resources under management.
United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut is one of more than 1,200 autonomous United Ways in our nation and nearly 1,800 community-based United Ways in 45 countries and territories. We have the unique ability, vision and resources to bring together diverse stakeholders around a community vision of creating positive change to achieve long-lasting results for children and families. Our Community Engagement and Marketing team helps to raise awareness of United Way’s work and the impact can all make together for local children and families.
To engage and bring together people and resources committed to the well-being of children and families in our community.
A community where opportunities are available for every child to succeed in school and for every family to achieve financial security.
In pursuing our mission, the following principles guide our relationships with stakeholders, including our donors, volunteers, partners, employees and the communities we serve: a belief that respect, equity, diversity and inclusiveness make us stronger; engaging others with professionalism and quality support; seeking creative and sustainable solutions to pressing social challenges; maintaining the highest standards of personal and organizational honesty in order to ensure stewardship of donors’ dollars; being proactive and responsive through consistent communication; and, delivery of high-quality services and effective measurement of results to ensure efficiency and innovation.
We are searching for an entrepreneurial Director of Workplace Giving who is a leader in developing and executing strategies to increase revenue and resources under management to be part of our United Way team located in Hartford CT.
As the Director of Workplace Giving, you will be responsible for developing strategies to ensure year-round relationships and meet the philanthropic needs of workplace partners and employees in the workplace. With support from a team of staff and leadership volunteers, you will lead the strategies for the development and rollout of multiple eGiving platforms, raise revenue and increase dollars directed to support United Way’s priorities for changing conditions in our community.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop strategies to ensure year-round relationships with workplace partners, employees in the workplace, raise revenue and increase dollars directed to Community Investment.
- Develop strategies to enhance and grow eGiving and lead the charge on new Salesforce platform.
- Work collaboratively with affinity group team (Tocqueville, Constitution Society and Philanthropy Fund); Emerging Leaders Society; and, Women United, to grow revenue and increase donor base.
- Coach and supervise development team which includes providing opportunities for professional growth and development to achieve organizational goals and objectives; ensuring that staff understand and embrace United Way’s organizational values and brand value proposition; and fostering a positive team culture.
- Manage selected strategic workplace relationships.
- Develop annual fundraising goals and is responsible for accuracy of dollars raised as reported by Partnership Managers.
- Assist with identification and recruitment of annual campaign chair and supports chair to ensure a successful annual fundraising campaign.
- Support the campaign cabinet, which includes identification and recruitment of cabinet chair and members, strategic agenda and achievement of goals.
- Support resource development strategies related to regional advisory boards.
- Develop annual department work plan and corresponding financial spending plan; ensures alignment with organizational goals and priorities.
- Coordinate with the finance department to report dollars produced from all sources to auditors, United Way Worldwide, and others as requested.
- Ensure there is a system to maintain all statistical data (dollars, donors, lapsed and new donors) for workplace campaigns, leadership giving, affinity groups, and alternate revenue.
- Ensure ongoing learning opportunities to ensure that staff is up-to-date on nonprofit, social, economic and political issues facing our community and how United Way’s community partnerships and investments are changing lives; and to ensure that staff understand the philanthropic needs and aspirations of employers, and United Way’s role in meeting those needs.
- Ensure effective management as a member of the organization’s Expanded Leadership Team
- Provide leadership for development department team meetings and cross-functional meetings as required.
- Attend board of directors’ meetings and other internal/external meetings as required.
- Represent United Way at community and business events as required including in and out of state.
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field required.
- Minimum five years fundraising or sales experience required.
- Experience in workplace giving and/or corporate philanthropy preferred (United Way and/or corporate workplace giving campaigns)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required, and Microsoft CRM preferred.
- Entrepreneurial, strategic thinker and solution oriented.
- Inspirational, can do spirit leadership.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple priorities, and able to react and adjust quickly to changing conditions.
- Excellent communication skills; able to communicate effectively and articulately in writing and orally.
- Ability to keep his/her composure with the public and co-workers in everyday, stressful situations.
- Strong customer focus in all tasks and activities, even while at times under pressure.
- Solid relationship management skills enhancing internal organizational relations, external community interactions, and in business development opportunities.
- Ability to perform job with integrity and values consistent with United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut.
- Ability to relate well with people from diverse groups.
- Holds self and other team members accountable for achieving results.
- Driver’s license and valid transportation required.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume and a cover letter describing 1) their qualifications and experiences 2) salary requirements, and 3) how they learned about the position to:
United Way of Central and Northeastern CT
30 Laurel Street
Hartford, CT 06106
Email: email@example.com No phone calls please.
United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut is an equal opportunity employer M / F / D / V.