Fairfield County’s Community Foundation (FCCF) promotes philanthropy as a means to create change in Fairfield County, focusing on innovative and collaborative solutions to critical issues impacting the community. We foster a vital and inclusive community where every individual has the opportunity to thrive. And we strive to close the opportunity gap in Fairfield County by eliminating disparities in income, education, employment, housing and health.
Our work is guided by a commitment to five core values, which are diversity, equity, inclusion, collaboration and integrity. We are committed to fairness, racial equity and providing opportunity without bias. FCCF’s staff has a commitment to embrace all aspects of our values and to celebrate them in the pursuit of our mission.
Individuals, families, corporations, and organizations can establish charitable funds or contribute to existing funds. FCCF is accredited with the National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations and has awarded over $316 million in grants to nonprofits in Fairfield County and beyond.
THE POSITION OVERVIEW
FCCF's $19M Fund for Women & Girls is the largest women's fund in New England. Established in 1998, the Fund for Women & Girls is also FCCF's largest field of interest fund. The Director/Sr. Director of the Fund for Women & Girls executes FCCF's long-term strategic plan for the Fund and day-to-day operations, grantmaking and asset development. The Director/Sr. Director also provides staff support and guidance to the Fund's volunteer committees.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Develop, with FCCF's CCIO and the Co-Chairs of the Fund, a programmatic strategy to support annual grantmaking, including creation of work plans, calendars, goals and budgets for each year; coordinate of the roles and responsibilities of staff and volunteers to achieve greater gender and racial equity for Fairfield County women and girls; provide support to the VP of Development to grow the assets of the Fund.
- Provide strategic leadership for the Fund’s programs and grantmaking:
- Identify unmet needs of women and girls in Fairfield County through nonprofit engagement; participation in local, state and national funder and issue groups; and commission of original research
- Determine how to award the Fund’s grant dollars to best address those needs, working with a volunteer committee to implement a thorough grant review process, including solicitation of grant proposals from qualified organizations; analysis and prioritization of grant requests; site visits and recommendation of specific grants to the FCCF Board of Directors
- Provide internal and external leadership for the Fund’s six-figure, signature investment, emme
- Provide capacity-building support for the Fund’s grantees in partnership with the Manager of the Center for Nonprofit Excellence, including determining and implementing processes for sharing best practices among grantees and other service providers and key stakeholders
- Co-lead strategy and execution of the Fund’s advocacy and community engagement efforts in collaboration with the Director of Advocacy and Manager of Community Capacity Building
- Design and execute innovative initiatives to increase grantee impact, providing grantee technical support as needed
- Act as a senior leader on the Foundation’s Community Impact Team, mentoring and managing junior staff and colleagues and performing projects as needed to advance cross- cutting work within the department:
- Lead the Foundation’s overall strategy for its Field of Interest Funds, including potential oversight of the Immigrant Support Fund
- Liaise with other FCCF Community Impact staff to connect the work of FWG and other FCCF programs areas
- Represent the Community Impact department on organization-wide committees, task forces and projects as needed
- Provide support for the Fund’s asset growth and development to the VP of Development:
- Educate and engage key volunteers and donors, including professional working women as needed
- Manage the planning and execution of the annual fundraising luncheon
- Serve as relationship manager for select key donors by implementing individualized donor engagement plans to increase knowledge of and deepen relationship with the Fund and FCCF
- Prepare annual written grant reports for key donors to the Fund
- Provide relevant and timely information to the Marketing team for the annual report, web site, news releases, newsletters and printed materials
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Demonstrated ability in promoting the economic, educational, physical, emotional, and social growth of women and girls in Fairfield County or beyond applying a gender and race equity lens
- Undergraduate degree in a related field; Master's degree in related field preferred
- Increasingly responsible experience in program management, design and evaluation, including a track record of launching and scaling high-impact initiatives
- Significant staff and budget management experience
- Interest in and experience providing staff support for volunteer committees
- Experience reviewing and/or preparing grant proposals and reports
- Advanced knowledge of the principles of equity and inclusion and professional experience implementing those principles programmatically or organizationally
- Three to five years development experience, with proven track record raising five to six- figure gifts from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Experience leading or contributing to the success of large fundraising events
- Outstanding written, verbal, presentation, computer, and project management skills
- Strong public speaking and facilitation skills
- Proven ability to work as a self-starter and team player
- Knowledge of community foundations a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, including Word and Excel
- Ability to travel to community sites throughout Fairfield County and CT
FCCF respects diversity and accordingly is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against employees or applicants because of race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, present or past history of mental disorder, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local laws. We are dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to the recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, and benefits of applicants and employees.