The Tow Foundation welcomes applications for an Executive Assistant to the President and Chairman.
Reporting directly to the Chief of Staff, the Executive Assistant plays a critical role in supporting the Foundation’s President, Chairman and Board of Directors through exceptional administrative and project management support to ensure the Foundation’s business and decision-making are effective and efficient.
This is a dynamic position within an entrepreneurial organization. It requires a talent for innovative and collaborative problem-solving, continuous learning and a proven track record of leadership, confidentiality and self-direction. This is an ideal role for a candidate interested in contributing to the mission and operations of a family foundation focused on high-impact philanthropy.
- Manage scheduling requests, keep calendars updated with complete and accurate information on daily meetings, appointments and travel arrangements, including complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas
- Work closely with executives on priorities and deadlines to make appropriate, informed decisions about workflow and time constraints
- Serve as the primary point of contact and liaison with the executives’ external boards and committees
- Manage relationships of executives with key partners and contacts
- Maintain and create contact records, ensuring accessibility across various platforms and devices
- Plan and prepare logistics for meetings, including materials and presentations
- Maintain and track business expenses and submit monthly expense reports for executives and Board of Directors
- Undertake special projects, as needed
Board of Directors Support:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the Board of Directors
- Act as a liaison and provide support to the Foundation’s Board of Directors
- Manage logistics for the Foundation’s Board, Board Committees and Next Generation activities, including, but not limited to, scheduling meetings, preparing and delivering meeting materials, and coordinating travel arrangements
- Serve as the system administrator for BoardVantage, a board portal
- Minimum of five years of executive support experience (VP/EVP/C-level)
- Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree is a plus
- Ability to meet concurrent deadlines and prioritize appropriately while providing high-quality support
- Clear understanding of how to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- A high degree of professionalism
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Grammatically correct, clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic and rapidly changing work environment
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, understanding of iOS mobile technology and business apps, and an aptitude to quickly learn and apply new technology
- Familiarity with registration and information management systems including, but not limited to, SharePoint, Salesforce and BoardVantage
The Ideal Candidate Will Be
- A strategic, analytic and creative thinker and problem solver with fine-tuned multi-tasking and decision-making abilities
- Able to intuitively and proactively assess the needs, requirements and preferences of executives, then take initiative to meet those needs
- A professional, poised and collaborative team player who is comfortable working on a fast-paced, small team and who can also comfortably work independently
- Skilled in managing complex projects and able to meet deadlines under pressure
- An experienced professional with exceptional judgement who is a self-starter as well as detail-oriented, flexible, resourceful, and resilient
- Able to demonstrate leadership, resilience, a “can do” attitude and instill credibility, trust and confidence within and outside the Foundation
- Committed to building knowledge of the Foundation’s programs, practices, policies and procedures
The Foundation office is currently closed during the pandemic. We provide our team with the IT necessary to work remotely. This role may require occasional on-site presence in our New Canaan, CT office. Compliance with COVID-19 safety protocols is required.
Who We Are
The Tow Foundation, established in 1988 by Leonard and Claire Tow, believes all people should have a high quality of life and voice in their community. We pursue our vision by funding transformative projects and collaborative ventures in fields where there are opportunities for breakthroughs, system reform and benefits for underserved populations. Investments focus on the support of innovative programs in the areas of juvenile and criminal justice, medicine, higher education and culture.
The Tow Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all its employees.
Details and How to Apply
The annual salary range for this position is $70,000 – $80,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications, plus benefits. To apply please submit your resume via LinkedIn. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so applying early is highly recommended. Target start date is April 5, 2021. No phone calls, please.