GIRLS ON THE RUN HARTFORD
GREATER HARTFORD, CT - Girls on the Run International seeks Executive Director for the Greater Hartford area.
Girls on the Run (GOTR) is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to creating a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams. We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running. Over 200 Councils in 50 states serve 200,000+ girls a year and engage close to 100,000 volunteers.
Girls on the Run believes that all girls and communities should have access to our programs. We strive to eliminate barriers to participation, to continue creating programming that engages all communities, to be intentional about staff and volunteer diversity and to promote a culture of inclusion across the organization.
Consistent with the mission of Girls on the Run, the Girls on the Run Hartford Executive Director is responsible for the overall development, management, organization and financial solvency of the Girls on the Run Hartford council. This position will report to the Board of Directors of Girls on the Run Hartford and will be a full-time, 40-hour per week position. The best candidate will have proven experience creating, developing and growing organizations. She/he will have a strong entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to get things done across different functional areas.
Reports To: Board of Directors/GOTR HQ
FLSA Status: Exempt
This job description reflects the Board’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Oversee the council to ensure the program meets the needs of participants, volunteers and the community with an emphasis on diversity and inclusivity
- Closely manage revenue and expenses to ensure annual council budget is achieved
- Provide leadership to organization staff to ensure all GOTR programs are effectively implemented according to GOTRI guidelines
- Determine appropriate roles and responsibilities, set individual and group objectives, develop and evaluate staff
- Build a culture of quality, inclusivity and diversity among the council and its stakeholders
- Track, analyze and report data and key performance indicators to measure program and organizational reach, quality and sustainability
- Identify and develop key volunteers and leverage board members to accomplish key organizational objectives
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors to ensure a positive, effective and engaged board
- Adhere to all GOTRI council obligations including completion of reporting requirements
- Provide input and necessary information to GOTR CFO to create annual program budget
Partnerships & Fund Development:
- Develop and implement fundraising plan that includes, but is not limited to, individual gifts, corporate sponsorships, grants, and special events to ensure that the fundraising goals are achieved with input from staff and the Board of Directors
- Develop diverse funding streams and long-term plans to best support the mission and goals of the organization
- Develop community relationships to cultivate donors and volunteers to ensure council income and site goals are achieved
- Develop collaborative projects/partnerships with other community providers that are well-aligned with the mission of GOTR
- Develops content for the donor newsletter and other fundraising collateral
- Oversee management of special events
Program Development and Strategic Planning:
- Alongside the Sr. VP, Council Development at HQ, create and implement strategic plan to promote feasible program growth and ensure adequate resource availability, while maintaining financial stability. The ED is the primary driver on the strategic planning process and progress
- Develop growth strategies for the council, including geographic and program expansion:
- Meet with and secure site locations
- Communicate with sites to recommit each season
- Develop and facilitate a volunteer and coach strategy for council
Lead All Program logistics:
- Oversee all council trainings and coach meetings
- Coordinate the distribution of all marketing materials
- Manage program registration, processing, and dissemination of information to the Girls on the Run community
Manage Council/Site Communications
- Serve as main programmatic contact and communicate with all site liaisons, principals, and site contacts
- Manage council communications, including all communications to Coaches, Parents/Guardians, and general newsletter
- Respond to all questions and concerns from parents, coaches and site liaisons in a timely fashion
Coordinate and manage all site relations and ensure all program sites are delivering the curriculum properly without alteration by:
- Utilizing the Board and volunteers to perform quality site audits and visits
- Troubleshoot and address any problems that may arise at any site
Budget & Financial Management:
- Develop and manage the annual budget with input from the Board of Directors
- Work with the Treasurer and GOTR HQ to ensure optimal financial performance of the council
- Review monthly analysis of financial activities (income and expense) to monitor variances from the Board of Directors approved budget, discern trends, identify areas of improvement, and address problems
- Develop relationship with third party accounting service to ensure proper recordkeeping and adequate management reports are provided
- Partner with the Treasurer to develop, implement, and monitor internal controls
- Serves as an ambassador for GOTR, exhibiting GOTR core values. Continuously work to achieve the GOTR mission.
- Develop positive relationships with volunteers, board members, donors, sponsors, parents, participants, media, community members and the team at GOTRI.
- Maintain ethical standards and accountability, manage risk, perform due diligence, and implement operational best practices.
- Any other duties deemed necessary by the Girls on the Run Greater Hartford’s Board of Directors.
- BA or BS degree required
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead teams
- Outstanding communication skills in multiple environments and with a range of audiences
- A strategic leader with strong critical thinking, creative problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
- A strong entrepreneurial spirit
- A willingness to take on a hands-on role with regards to program execution and administrative needs
- A passion for Girls on the Run mission and the ability to comprehend and effectively communicate issues surrounding empowerment, self-esteem, body image and whole-person health
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint and very comfortable with technology and data management in general
- Must be able to work from home, as required by the position (laptop and equipment provided)
- Regular access to reliable transportation and ability to travel locally
- 10% domestic travel for national conference, regional workshops, or other professional development required
- Passion for empowering girls to reach their limitless potential!
This position is offering a compensation range of $50,000 - $58,000, depending on experience. Girls on the Run International offers a generous PTO plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, paid medical leave, 401k plan with employer match and professional development opportunities.
Interested applicants should apply online at https://www.girlsontherun.org/Who-We-Are/Work-With-Us. The application deadline is August 16, 2019.