NEW CANAAN COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
NEW CANAAN, CT -- The New Canaan Community Foundation is seeking a Foundation Associate that will support the operations, finance, communication, and grants functions of the foundation.
Founded in 1977, the New Canaan Community Foundation is the local charitable partner for all New Canaan residents and offers a wide range of philanthropic and educational services. The Foundation has assets of approximately $18 million and annually awards approximately $1 million in grants and scholarships to nearly 100 local nonprofit organizations. The Foundation also works closely with families and businesses on their charitable giving strategies, including managing donor-advised and other charitable funds.
For more information, please visit www.newcanaancf.org
Reporting to a Director-level position, the Foundation Associate is a full-time position that supports operations, finance, communications, and grants functions of the foundation. This is an excellent entrylevel position in a small office that provides broad exposure to the work of a community foundation.
Support the foundation’s grantmaking – includes managing online applications, organizing materials for staff and committees, and producing grant correspondence
Support the administration of an annual scholarship process
Process grant transactions Communications/Engagement
Support communications goals of the foundation, under the direction of staff – includes social media, production of some materials, and coordination of print pieces and mailings
Support a wide variety of foundation events, including an annual luncheon, annual meeting, and other events
Manage data in the foundation’s CRM system
- Support monthly financial processes, in support of staff and Treasurer
- Process vendor payments
- Support gift entry and processing
- Support Board administrative functions
- Serve as the first point of contact with the public via phone, email, and mail
- Manage and oversee usage of office supplies
- Support well-functioning office systems and related vendors (phone, software, hardware)
- Maintain foundation files
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to interact with a wide variety of people
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptionally detail-oriented, with strong time management and ability to prioritize
- Comfort working with some financial information
- Fluent with email and Microsoft suite; ability to learn new database and other software systems, as well as social media platforms
- Willingness to work occasional evening or weekend hours, as necessary
- Interest in philanthropy and supporting the local nonprofit sector
Starting salary for this position is $32,000 annually. The New Canaan Community Foundation offers competitive benefits, including medical coverage, retirement contribution, and generous paid time off.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted through July 26, 2018.