GILEAD COMMUNITY SERVICES, INC.
MIDDLETOWN, CT - Gilead Community Services is seeking a Grants and Resource Development Specialist to increase resources to further Gilead's mission.
Support the Development Department in efforts to increase resources to further Gilead’s mission. This includes areas of fundraising, donor relations, events, volunteer management, and grant writing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Chief Development Officer (CDO) with the day-to-day operations of the development functions including the development and implementation of all fundraising efforts
- Research grant opportunities for foundations, corporate, state, federal, local communities and organizational prospects and implement a strategy to cultivate and increase Gilead’s base of support.
- Work with the administrative and clinical teams to develop, identify and articulate program goals and funding needs in order to explore grants and other revenue opportunities.
- Research, identify, write and submit at least 3 new applications for funding per year
- Explore of 3 new revenue opportunities per year
- Identify, write, secure and renew existing grant dollars
- Communicate status of grants and contracts to all stakeholders
- Create and maintain a working document that clearly outlines all of the grants researched, submitted, received and in need of follow up reports, including relevant deadlines and contact information for the grantors.
- Maintain the donor database and manage daily input of gifts, all donor acknowledgements and communications, including the analysis of the donor capacity and giving history
- Create and implement an enhanced strategy for donor cultivation including but not limited to consistent annual outreach methods, mission surveys, agency tours, in person meetings, and secure information that will enhance the thank you and cultivation process
- Assist the CDO in the development and implementation of a strategy to increase investment and involvement of a diverse group of stakeholders
- Assist the CDO in strengthening relationships with the board, clients and staff which would involve regular site visits and clearly defined methods of communication.
- Plan, coordinate and participate in various agency events including but not limited to two annual fundraisers, a Major Donor Event and ad hoc events which will include some weekend and evening hours.
- Provide support to staff, volunteers and the board with their role in fundraising
- Provide Development Department with donor testimonials and stories to use in all development efforts
- Attends relevant training sessions as indicated
- Other duties as assigned
Job Title: Grants and Resource Development Specialist Creation Date: 3/14/2019
Reports To: Chief Development Officer
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Non Union
- Oral Communication Skills Computer Literacy Professionalism Grant Writing
- Written Communication Skills Event Planning Donor Relations Research Technical Communications Skills Organization Fundraising
- Education and Years of Education
- Degree: High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
- Number of Years of Experience: 2
- Passion for fundraising and willingness to solicit donations
- Ability to: define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to follow directions, pay attention to detail and stay focused while proofreading
- Ability to: write clearly and succinctly
- Ability to: create, manage and support Gilead’s grants funding goals
- Experience with event planning, non-profit fundraising, including grant writing, and donor appreciation
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability, with capacity for self-management
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Adobe
- Knowledge of donor database management
- Uphold confidentiality by following the HIPAA regulations
- Must maintain and provide proof of valid driver’s license and automobile insurance in good standing
Working conditions are based in office and community settings
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individuals to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, sit and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers; climb or balance and stoop or kneel. The employee is required to be able to safely operate a motor vehicle.
- The employee must frequently lift and or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Lucy McMillan, Chief Development Officer (email@example.com)
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS AN ALL INCLUSIVE LIST OF ALL THE RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS OR WORKING CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE POSITION. WHILE IT IS INTENDED TO ACCURATELY REFLECT THE POSITION ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS, MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, ADD OR REMOVE DUTIES AND ASSIGN OTHER DUTIES AS NECESSARY. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ASSIST INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES IN MEETING THE EXPECTATIONS OF THIS POSITION.