United Way of Central & Northeastern Connecticut
HARTFORD, CT -- United Way of Central & Northeastern Connecticut is seeking a Partnership Manager who is a leader in relationship management, fundraising, and enthusiastic about our mission to be part of our United Way team located in Hartford.
United Way of Central and Northeastern CT is one of more than 1,200 autonomous United Ways in our nation and nearly 1,800 community-based United Ways in 45 countries and territories. Since 1924, $900 million has been raised through our United Way to help people in our community.
To engage people to improve lives and change community conditions. We have the unique ability, vision and resources to bring together diverse stakeholders around a community vision of creating positive change to achieve long-lasting results for children and families.
Join Our Team! Career Opportunity
We are searching for a Partnership Manager who is a leader in relationship management, fundraising, and enthusiastic about our mission to be part of our United Way team located in Hartford.
As the Partnership Manager you will be responsible for developing and implementing engagement and fundraising strategies to enhance and grow revenue with assigned workplace accounts and donors. This position is part of a team responsible for raising the resources needed to support United Way’s priorities for changing community conditions.
- Responsible for establishing and achieving annual fundraising goals for assigned accounts, including strategies to increase donor participation, leadership giving and financial support to the annual United Way Community Campaign.
- Develops and implements year round engagement strategies with assigned workplace accounts to retain current and attract new donors in order to raise more revenue and increase donations directed to United Way’s Community Investment to support priority areas.
- Sets reasonable, responsible and achievable goals for assigned workplace accounts.
- Assists Director of Development in yearly department wide goal setting based on collaboration with Finance and United Way Leadership teams.
- Strategically secures funds outside of annual workplace campaign, including corporate sponsorships, corporate grants, special events and employee engagement projects to community initiatives.
- Works collaboratively with internal departments to meet annual revenue and engagement goals.
- Ensures accuracy and timeliness of account data input within the organization’s CRM system, including timely and accurate processing of donations.
- Maintains current understanding of community goals and initiatives, focus areas, successes and overall results to effectively communicate to donors and at community events
- Attends internal and external meetings and community events as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required.
- Minimum five years’ experience in fundraising or sales required with demonstrated success.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
- Relationship management experience required.
- Strong leadership with an aptitude for resourcefulness required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines and take initiative with minimal supervision.
- Experience with donor CRM systems, donation processing and grant writing are a plus.
- Strong oral and written communications skills are required.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume and a cover letter describing 1) their qualifications and experiences 2) salary requirements, and 3) how they learned about the position to:
United Way of Central and Northeastern CT
30 Laurel Street
Hartford, CT 06106
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut is an equal opportunity employer M / F / D / V.