AURORA FOUNDATION FOR WOMEN AND GIRLS IN GREATER HARTFORD
WEST HARTFORD, CT - The Aurora Foundation for Women and Girls in Greater Hartford is seeking a part-time Program Coordinator to take a leading role in providing operational and administrative support to the Foundation.
Position: Program Coordinator (Part-Time)
About the Aurora Women and Girls Foundation:
The Aurora Foundation serves as a catalyst for positive change in the lives of women and girls in Greater Hartford. We conduct research, convene the community around gender issues, educate and engage women and men in the power of philanthropy through a gender lens and implement strategies, including targeted grantmaking, to address key issues that significantly impact women and girls in Greater Hartford. The Foundation has an operating budget of over $350,000, a small professional staff, as well as an active and committed Board of Directors and volunteer base.
Overview of Program Coordinator Position:
The Program Coordinator will take a leading role in providing operational and administrative support to the Foundation as well as manage our public initiatives and events. The Program Coordinator will perform a variety of organizational, stewardship and communication-related duties. The position is part-time with flexible hours.
- Provides general administrative and operational support to Executive Director;
- In conjunction with the bookkeeper, tracks donations, event income and expenses and maintains and manages donor database;
- Works with Executive Director to support all Board and Committee meetings, including scheduling, communications, logistics, materials distribution, note taking and follow-up;
- Ensures appropriate technology (computer software and hardware programs and applications, telephones, office equipment, Internet website, donor portals, social media utilization, email communications, etc.) is effective and utilized to the benefit of the organization.
- Oversees Aurora’s events aimed at either fundraising or overall organizational exposure;
- Creates all event promotional materials including sponsorship packages, invitations, promotional flyers, event programs, posters and press releases;
- Serves as the staff liaison for event volunteer committees;
- Develops cadre of volunteers to support Aurora events and functions.
- Works closely with Executive Director and grants committee on the overall administration of all Foundation grants;
- Manages and updates all grantmaking materials including applications and grant reporting documents;
- Serves as the point of contact for grant applicants and current Foundation grantees;
- Establishes close working relationships with grantee partners, as appropriate, and constantly seeks ways in which the Foundation might improve its support to them.
Communications and Outreach:
- Envisions and executes opportunities to engage current and prospective donors in Aurora’s mission;
- Builds relationships with key stakeholders and represents the Foundation at meetings, conferences, etc., as appropriate;
- Ensures consistent messaging to all audiences and across various communication platforms;
- Utilizes social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Mail Chimp e-blasts, etc.) to advance Aurora’s mission, raise issues of women and girls, and promote events;
- Responsible for oversight and execution of the Foundation’s website, print newsletters, e-newsletters, annual reports and other publications as needed to inform donors, prospective donors, and the community.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Personal and professional dedication and commitment to Aurora’s mission and goals;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills;
- Fluency with the Microsoft Office365;
- Knowledge of social media platforms;
- Familiarity with donor database software a plus;
- Three of more years of work experience in the non-profit, education, and/or philanthropy fields preferred;
- Responsible, highly organized, detailed-oriented, and efficient, with proven ability to handle multiple projects to completion;
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently, anticipate needs, take initiative, think critically, and solve problems;
- Comfortable working as part of a small team;
- Ability to develop rapport and relationships with internal and external volunteers;
- Experience providing leadership and support to an Executive Director and volunteers;
- A four-year degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience, is preferred.
Hours and Compensation:
The Program Coordinator is a part-time position at 25-hours per week, with a negotiable/flexible schedule, however, the position does require occasional early mornings/evenings for meetings/events. The salary range is $22-$25 an hour, commensurate with experience and education. While this position is not eligible for paid benefits, it is eligible for personal time off. The position is located in West Hartford, Connecticut and supervised by the Executive Director.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit cover letter and resume to Jennifer Steadman, Executive Director at email@example.com by July 10th. Please note that finalists will be subject to a background and reference check and writing samples will be requested. No telephone inquiries please.
The Aurora Women and Girls Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.