HARTFORD, CT -- The Hartford Foundation for Public Giving seeks a Program Manager for a 4-month assignment, March to June 2020.
The Program Manager will work as a collaborative member of the Community Funds team and other internal and external stakeholders to support the implementation of the Hartford Foundation’s innovative Community Funds program. The ideal candidate will draw upon group facilitation experience, particularly in community or nonprofit settings, and have experience working with the distinct communities in the Foundation’s 29-town area. This is a full-time position requiring flexible hours including frequent evening/night and some weekend work.
About the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving
Since 1925, generous individuals and families have trusted the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving to help them make a lasting, positive impact in their community in their own and future generations. Under its strategic commitment, the Foundation is poised to move to an even greater level of impact and growth that will enhance the organization’s reputation and external profile as a trusted steward, collaborator and innovator.
- Support assigned town selection/advisory committees, connecting committees to additional resources, and acting as a facilitator or resource, as needed
- Collect and track information on any technical assistance needed for town committees; Contribute to the design of trainings, tools, information sharing, consultant support or other resources to respond to these needs
- Facilitate and contribute to meetings, events, training sessions, and other convenings throughout the Foundation’s 29-town region to support program implementation
- Track progress for assigned town selection/advisory committees; update information regularly through the Foundation’s database (Foundant), Excel and/or other tracking database
- Contribute to internal and external communications efforts, including through presentations and written reports
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Ability to build consensus and weave together diverse interests – i.e., collaborating with partners toward a common agenda
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, writing, and meeting coordination skills
- Proficiency with MS Office.Knowledge of grant management databases or similar software is a plus.
Education and Experience Requirement
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and 3-5 years of prior program management experience or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.Master’s degree preferred.
- Ability to reliably provide own transportation to off-site meetings in any of our region’s 29 towns both during and outside typical work hours.
Please email your resume and a cover letter describing your match to our requirements to: HumanResources@hfpg.org
For more information about the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving, please visit our website: www.hfpg.org
HARTFORD FOUNDATION FOR PUBLIC GIVING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER RELYING ON A DIVERSE GROUP OF INDIVIDUALS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE TALENTS TO ACHIEVE OUR MISSION
Any and all offers to external applicants are contingent on the candidate’s completion of a pre-employment background and reference check to the satisfaction of the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving.