About the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving
For nearly 100 years, generous individuals and families have trusted the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving to help them make a lasting, positive impact in their community and in their own and future generations. Under its strategic commitment, the Hartford Foundation is poised to move to a greater level of impact and growth that will enhance our ability to support nonprofits and other partners to identify and serve community needs. We also seek to enhance our role as a trusted steward, collaborator and innovator.
If you are committed to our mission – “putting philanthropy into action to create lasting solutions that result in vibrant communities within the Greater Hartford Region” – and, are interested in applying your financial acumen and analytical skills in a collaborative environment, please consider these opportunities to join the Foundation’s Finance team.
SENIOR FINANCE ACCOUNTANT
The Senior Finance Accountant is responsible for producing timely and accurate financial and regulatory data and reports. This incumbent serves as the liaison to the Development Department for fund and donation coordination.
- Prepare and reconcile core financial reports;
- Develop expertise in Foundation’s core financial system, Foundant’s CSuite;
- Prepare account and bank reconciliations;
- Serve as the key liaison to the Development Department for all financial matters and maintenance of donations;
- Manage year-end closing of financial accounts and the distribution of the spending policy to the funds;
- Respond to audit requests for financial data and information;
- Track public policy activity and submitting lobbying reports to the State of Connecticut;
- Prepare state filings, industry surveys and ad-hoc financial report requests
Hartford, CT; Temporarily remote due to COVID; Normal work assignment will include both in-office and remote work.
Full position descriptions and application instructions can be found online at:
For best consideration, application materials must be received by Friday, May 7, 2021, 5:00 pm EST.
For more information about the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving, please visit our website: www.hfpg.org
HARTFORD FOUNDATION FOR PUBLIC GIVING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER RELYING ON A DIVERSE GROUP OF INDIVIDUALS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE TALENTS TO ACHIEVE OUR MISSION
Any and all offers to external applicants are contingent on the candidate’s completion of a pre-employment background and reference check to the satisfaction of the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving