VICE PRESIDENT OF FINANCE & OPERATIONS
The Connecticut Health Foundation is the state’s largest health philanthropy dedicated to improving health outcomes for people of color. Since its inception in 1999, the foundation has awarded more than $63 million to nonprofit organizations and public entities to expand health equity, reduce health disparities, expand health coverage and improve the health of all Connecticut residents.
- Act as the liaison with the external Chief Investment Officer (ECIO) to ensure compliance with the investment policy and timely communication with the Finance & Investment Committee on key investment related issues.
- Implement investment decisions by working with the ECIO.
- Work closely with the CEO and Chairman of the Finance & Investment Committee to ensure that the Board’s need for financial information is met and to facilitate their understanding of key financial issues.
- Work closely with the CEO and other senior staff in the development and management of the operating plan and overall budget.
- Participate with senior staff in any discussion and analysis relative to review and implementation of the Foundation’s strategic plan.
- Direct financial services and accounting and tax activities, including preparation of financial statements, analysis of results, maintenance of internal controls.
- Direct the interface with outside auditors and regulators to ensure their needs are met and that the Foundation’s is in full compliance with industry regulations.
- Complete tax functions related to the FBAR and foreign investment reporting.
- Keep the CEO informed at all times of the Foundation’s financial and operations status.
- Obtain and evaluate competitive data on topics such as investment performance, spending levels, administrative expense ratios, personnel and board compensation and benefit programs & costs.
- Direct the information systems/technology function. Work with outside service providers and the staff to ensure that systems perform accurately and effectively, are responsive to current and projected needs and that costs and benefits for system investments are well managed.
- Provide strategic direction to the human resources function.
- Design and direct implementation of a cost effective and competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Ensure that personnel policies and practices are current, consistent across the Foundation, in alignment with its mission and are competitive with the industry.
- Direct office administrative functions to deliver consistently effective support services.
- Provide supervision for the Director of Finance and Office Manager/Executive Administrative Assistant.
- Assist the CEO and Board leadership by creating or managing Board and Committee related operational policies and processes.
- Contribute to overall leadership and management of the Foundation.
- Manage space related issues and projects not handled by the administrative staff.
- Provide excellent customer service externally and internally that ensures people are handled with respect and responded to in an accurate and timely manner. Perform functions in a culturally competent manner.
- Represent the Foundation at meetings and conferences.
Qualifications and skills:
- Graduate degree or equivalent experience in accounting or business administration.
- Six or more years of management experience in a position responsible for multiple functions and management of a least one staff member.
- Strong knowledge of foundations and of non-profit unique accounting, financial reporting, taxing and management requirements.
- Solid understanding of investment portfolio concepts, monitoring processes and operational needs.
- Demonstrated ability to perform all aspects of the accounting function.
- Three or more years of responsibility for technology strategy development and implementation.
- Working knowledge of employee benefit plans and processes.
- Strong commitment to excellent customer service and personal and organizational cultural competency.
- Able to function effectively, both technically and personally, with internal and external contacts.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and orally.
- Able to translate technical material into laymen’s terms.
- Defined ability to be a strong team player and leader.
- Well organized and able to manage and prioritize multiple requests.
- Good listener, comfortable with change and ambiguity.
The targeted compensation range for the Vice President of Finance & Operations role is $160,000-175,000. CT Health also offers a competitive benefits package that includes robust health/medical coverage, life insurance, disability, 401(k) match after one year and professional development allocation, generous vacation, sick and personal time-off.
This search is being conducted by Kelly Chapman of Creative Financial Staffing (CFS). Due to the pace of this search, candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Candidates may submit their cover letter, outlining their interest and qualifications, along with their resume to CFS at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Connecticut Health Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and proudly values diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.