THE UNITED WAY OF CENTRAL AND NORTHEASTERN CT
HARTFORD, CT - The United Way of Central and Northeast CT is seeking a Women United Manager who will be responsible for developing and cultivating relationships for the purpose of building brand loyalty and generating resources for United Way.
United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut is one of more than 1,200 autonomous United Ways in our nation and nearly 1,800 community-based United Ways in 45 countries and territories. We have the unique ability, vision and resources to bring together diverse stakeholders around a community vision of creating positive change to achieve long-lasting results for children and families. Our Community Engagement and Marketing team helps to raise awareness of United Way’s work and the impact can all make together for local children and families.
To engage and bring together people and resources committed to the well-being of children and families in our community.
A community where opportunities are available for every child to succeed in school and for every family to achieve financial security.
In pursuing our mission, the following principles guide our relationships with stakeholders, including our donors, volunteers, partners, employees and the communities we serve: a belief that respect, equity, diversity and inclusiveness make us stronger; engaging others with professionalism and quality support; seeking creative and sustainable solutions to pressing social challenges; maintaining the highest standards of personal and organizational honesty in order to ensure stewardship of donors’ dollars; being proactive and responsive through consistent communication; and, delivery of high-quality services and effective measurement of results to ensure efficiency and innovation.
As the Women United (WU) Manager, you will be responsible for developing and cultivating relationships for the purpose of building brand loyalty and generating resources for United Way. Women United is a diverse network of members who are committed to United Way’s mission, vision and values including o ensuring women and families in our community. Women United capitalizes on the strength of women as philanthropists and volunteers.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with the Director of Leadership Giving and Affinity Groups to develop and implement strategic year-round engagement and fundraising plans for Women United.
- Identify opportunities to leverage and grow mission-related revenue for United Way and Women United’s identified priority impact areas.
- Maintain a caseload of Women United donors, cultivating and stewarding donors through high level interactions and touchpoints.
- Actively solicit donors utilizing all outright and planned gift strategies, including but not limited to Philanthropy Fund, Donor Advised Fund, leadership giving societies and 1924 Society (legacy giving). Engage donors in gift opportunities which meet their specific philanthropic and charitable interests.
- Serve as the project manager for WU signature events, including the annual Power of the Purse and Red, White & Chocolate events
- Set strategy and organize internal, cross functional teams to coordinate and execute all special events for WU.
- Serve as primary staff support to WU volunteers including the Leadership Council, committees and sub-committees.
- Develop and implement strategies to attract and retain members and increase engagement.
- Collaborate with the department director to provide networking, mentoring, and professional development opportunities that connect WU members with leadership donors.
- Work cooperatively with an interdepartmental staff from Development, Community Engagement and Marketing and Community Investment to develop strategies to engage corporate and community leaders who can drive fundraising, membership and engagement opportunities.
- Collaborate with the workplace giving team to establish and execute strategies to increase membership, volunteer engagement and overall revenue growth.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of WU objectives to respective internal departments and volunteer leadership (ex., membership, fundraising).
- Partner with Marketing to create content for the WU messaging and communications.
- Collaborate with the Vice President of Community Resources to identify grant opportunities that may be used to support Women United.
- Develop knowledge of all United Way of Central and Northeastern CT programs and initiatives
- Provide support to the department director as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business-related experience required.
- Three years’ fundraising or sales experience preferred.
- Solid relationship management skills enhancing internal organizational relations, external community interactions, and in business development opportunities.
- Event planning experience preferred.
- Ability to understand and analyze data and trends required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple priorities, and able to react and adjust quickly to changing conditions.
- Strong customer focus in all tasks and activities, even while at times under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills; able to communicate effectively and articulately in writing and orally.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required, and Microsoft CRM preferred.
- Driver’s license and valid transportation required.
- Ability to work beyond core business hours to support external events and initiatives.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should submit a resume and a cover letter describing 1) their qualifications and experiences 2) salary requirements, and 3) how they learned about the position to:
United Way of Central and Northeastern CT
30 Laurel Street
Hartford, CT 06106
Email: email@example.com No phone calls please.
United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut is an equal opportunity employer M / F / D / V.