Program Coordinator – Child Care Business Opportunity Fund
WBDC is seeking a passionate and driven Program Coordinator to lead and manage a portion of WBDC’s grantmaking program which focuses on investing in child care businesses across Connecticut. The Program Coordinator will be responsible for the management, implementation, and administration of WBDC’s Child Care Business Opportunity Fund, ensuring that grant awards and complementary services are accessed equitably and impactfully.
The ideal candidate will be an energetic, strategic, and entrepreneurial-minded leader with at least 5 years of experience in project management and customer service; familiar with the needs of child care providers and small business owners. They must be a strong communicator with innate relationship management abilities, and highly organized with an acute attention to detail. The role provides a unique opportunity to join a dynamic team at a rapidly growing organization that sits at the forefront of business development for women in Connecticut.
This is a full-time, fixed-term role for twelve months, with the potential to extend and/or become a permanent position. WBDC is currently operating on a hybrid work model and delivering services virtually. As normal operations resume, the role will be based in WBDC’s Stamford or New Haven office. Travel to the three WBDC offices and other training sites in the state will be required. WBDC requires all employees to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. Qualified individuals seeking an exemption from this vaccination requirement may apply for a medical or religious exemption. The compensation is $50,000-$55,000, commensurate with experience, plus benefits.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the development and implementation of WBDC’s Child Care Business Opportunity Fund, including the Business Incentive, Start-up, Emergency Grant, and Expansion Grant programs. Oversee all processes, including the tracking of applications, awardees, and delivery of funds, and efficient screening of applications by an external review panel. Manage program budgets, ensure appropriate use of funds, and document impact.
- In collaboration with the Child Care Team, lead the execution of Opportunity Fund outreach strategies to build awareness and reach diverse under-resourced programs throughout Connecticut by cultivating and nurturing relationships with community organizations, state, and non-profit partners to build referrals.
- Work closely with Child Care Team and Operations Coordinator to ensure effective implementation of each program within the Opportunity Fund, tied to project deliverables; ensure appropriate expenditure of funds and Opportunity Fund goals are met.
- Track and provide reports on Opportunity Fund progress, gaps, and impact (in conjunction with Impact Team), and present to Senior Management, and key stakeholders.
- Conduct information sessions with small business owners on obtaining funding for their business, including through WBDC’s Opportunity Fund; recommend action steps to prepare them for securing funding.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience, with proven results in program and project management, and customer service
- Undergraduate degree in business or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in lieu of a degree
- Fluency in English and Spanish strongly preferred; bilingual capability in any language a plus
- Excellent organizational, communication, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Experience working with small business owners/entrepreneurs or child care businesses; microenterprise development, small business banking or lending experience a strong plus
- Experience training, coaching, or counseling business owners/individuals a plus
- Proven stakeholder management skills
- Sales and customer-service oriented with recognized skills in client outreach, and sensitive to the needs of a diverse, multicultural client base
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with WizeHive or similar grants management software a plus
- Passion for supporting women entrepreneurs, small business owners, and child care programs
For over 20 years, the Women’s Business Development Council (WBDC) has been providing entrepreneurial training, financial education, and access to capital services to women entrepreneurs, helping them to succeed in business. Services include training, technical assistance, microgrants and networking opportunities. Headquartered in Stamford with regional offices in New Haven and New London Counties, WBDC has assisted in the creation of over 1,800 businesses, supported the sustainability and expansion of 3,800 established businesses, and created more than 4,900 jobs. WBDC has helped business owners secure over $18,000,000 in capital.
WBDC offers full-time employees a competitive benefit package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, a retirement plan, paid time off, and holidays, in a supportive and flexible working environment.
HOW WE OPERATE
We are a small team of over 25 talented individuals who collectively deliver outstanding results through a high level of passion and commitment.
Please apply if you:
Possess an Entrepreneurial Mindset - creative, motivated, enthusiastic, and energetic
Seek to inspire and empower those around you, whether they are clients or colleagues
Prosper in a culture of teamwork and growth, and value collaboration
Can think outside the box, pivot, and adapt to client’s changing needs
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates that are intimately familiar with this job posting and excited by this opportunity should email their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list WBDC Program Coordinator – Child Care Business Opportunity Fund in the e-mail subject line. No phone inquiries.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
WBDC, INC. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
WBDC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome qualified applicants to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.