CONNECTICUT HEALTH FOUNDATION
Apply on Indeed: Program Officer - Hartford, CT 06103 - Indeed.com
Application Deadline: March 31st, 2022
Summary description of the role:
The Program Officer is part of a passionate program team that works toward the foundation’s vision that the next generation of Connecticut residents will be free from racial and ethnic health disparities. This role provides backbone support to the grantmaking component of CT Health’s systems change work, by building relationships with nonprofits and grassroots organizations that are current or future grantees. Daily activities will include a combination of community engagement, critical thinking, and information and data management to assure that the foundation can track its long-term impact.
The Connecticut Health Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and proudly values diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
1. Support strategies such as grant making, policy advocacy, communications, capacity building, convening of stakeholders, leadership development, research, and technical assistance to advance the foundation’s health equity goals and objectives.
2. Conduct outreach and develop relationships with potential grantees and partners in health equity work.
3. Support the program department in managing aspects of the review process of the grant portfolio including screening prospective grant applicants and assisting with shepherding applicants from the initial approach through application submission and ongoing grant tracking.
4. Cultivate, develop, and maintain effective working relationships with grantees, community partners, Health Leadership Fellows and Leaders, and other important stakeholders.
5. Manage a portfolio of grants including, but not limited to, the President’s Discretionary Grant Awards.
6. Engage grantees through ongoing communication and conducting site visits to support them in accomplishing their goals.
7. Keep apprised of current research, activities, and trends related to the grants’ portfolio.
8. Provide technical assistance to grant seekers concerning the foundation’s strategies, goals, objectives, and application process.
9. Organize and implement events associated with grantmaking work, which may include convenings, educational forums, and technical assistance workshops.
10. Contribute to the evaluation of funded programs and report on results and learning.
11. Compose general correspondence, memos, application review reports, and other documents, as needed.
12. Represent the Foundation at community meetings and media events.
13. Assist with vendor and consultant management as assigned.
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
1. Bachelors or advanced degree in public health, health education, public policy, or related area.
2. Knowledge of and/or experience in health, health equity (particularly racial and ethnic health disparities) and public policy.
3. A strong relationship builder with a history of collaborating successfully with a broad and diverse range of individuals and communities.
4. Passionate about the mission of CT Health and dedicated to achieving health equity.
5. Knowledge of and/or experience in the philanthropic field and/or nonprofit sector desired.
6. Experience in program development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation desired.
7. Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
8. Strong planning and organizational skills.
9. Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
10. Demonstrated effectiveness in written and oral communications, and ability to present to diverse audiences, specifically racially, ethnically, and socioeconomically diverse communities.
11. Ability to work well independently as well as in teams.
12. Experience in problem solving and handling multiple priorities. Ability to organize, coordinate, and prioritize tasks.
13. Creative, flexible, and good sense of humor.
14. Ability to speak a second language (Spanish preferred) is a plus.
Reports to: Director of Grantmaking
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $62,000.00 - $69,500.00 per year
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Flexible spending account
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Retirement plan
• Tuition reimbursement
• Vision insurance
• 8 hour shift
Due to the ongoing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic and a strong belief in the scientific data made available by federal and state health authorities, we have decided to require vaccination as a condition of employment.
Work Location: Hartford. Staff are currently permitted to work remotely because of the public health emergency, but we anticipate returning to in-office work when conditions allow.
How to apply:
All applications must be submitted through Indeed.com. Apply using this link: Program Officer - Hartford, CT 06103 - Indeed.com