Click on the button to find COVID-19 Resources for Funders including webinars and recordings, best paractice articles, and more.
FUNDER RESPONSES TO COVID-19
Click on the buttons to find Response Funds Available for Nonprofits and Funding News.
HOW CCP IS RESPONDING
Click on the buttons to review Connecticut Council for Philanthropy's Responses to the COVID-19 pandemic, including Member Check-in Calls and Takeaways for Philanthropy in Weekly Update emails.
- JUNE 16: 7:00 PM: Festival of Ideas and CT Mirror: Who is Essential? Race, Culture, and Identity in American Democracy >>
- MAY 20: 2:00 - 3:00 PM: Neonone: The Show Must Go On: How Arts and Cultural Institutions Can Survive and Thrive >>
- MAY 21: 2:00 - 3:00 PM: Nonprofit Quarterly: Responding to COVID-19 Series: COVID, Nonprofits & the Economy: A Roundtable Discussion >
- MAY 19: 2:00 - 3:00 PM: Techsoup: Digital Divide During a Pandemic: How to Work Toward Inclusion for Your Nonprofit Community >>
- MAY 19: 10:00 - 11:00 PM: Business Reopening Tips & Strategy >>
- blumshapiro (5/6/20) Making Sense of Unemployment for Employers During COVID-19 >>
- CharityHowTo (5/6/20) Coronavirus & Legacies - How Your Program Can Survive: A Step By Step Guide >>
- Freewill: (4/21/20) #GivingTuesdayNow: How Planned & Major Giving Teams Can Tap Into a New Global Day of Action >>
- Independent Sector and Equity in the Center (4/21/20) How to Center Race Equity in Your Organization’s COVID-19 Response >>
- Nonprofit Quarterly (4/9/20) A Dialogue with Foundation Leaders about Philanthropy's Response >>
- Independent Sector (4/9/20) What’s Next for COVID-19 Relief for Nonprofits? >>
- Network for Good (4/10/20) The CARES Act: What Every Nonprofit Should Know >>
- Nonprofit VOTE (4/8/20) How to Get Out the Count During COVID Crisis >>
- Chronicle for Philanthropy (4/7/20) The Stimulus Bill and Nonprofits: Answers to Your Questions >>
- Independent Sector | CARES Act: How to Apply for Nonprofit Relief Funds >>
Independent Sector has teamed with nonprofit experts to create a resource to help nonprofit organizations understand how the CARES Act will apply to them and how to proceed with filing for assistance. This resource also includes 5 Important Tips for Nonprofits and Top 11 Questions about Relief for Nonprofits under the CARES Act.
- National Council of Nonprofits | Nonprofits and Coronavirus, COVID-19 Resources >>
National Council of Nonprofits keeps and update webpage with information and resources that nonprofits can use to prepare and respond, including resources for funding, keeping equity front and center, and advocacy for nonprofit missions.
- Nonprofit Finance Fund | COVID-19 Tools and Resources for Nonprofits >>
The Nonprofit Finance Fund's resources include a Cash Flow Tool to help nonprofits determine monthly and weekly cash flow projections, and a Scenario Template to quickly determine operating and surplus/deficit. They have also posted, at no charge, their core webinar content and three COVID-19 financial health webinar recordings Understanding Debt and Managing Through Uncertainty.
- Children's Fund of Connecticut and Child Health and Development Institute (CHDI) | COVID-19: How can we be helpful during this crisis? >>
This collection of resources and information was compiled for the Fund's and Institute's partners and the public. Resources can be found for Health & Safetey, Supporting Children's Emotional Well-being, Behavioral Health Crisis, and Pediatric Health Providers, Early Care, and other providers.
- Partnership for Strong Communities | Resources for Housing and Homelessness Advocates and Providers During COVID-19 >>
- BoardSource | How Nonprofits and Board Members Can Respond to COVID-19 >>
- SeaChange | Tough Decisions Call for Tough Action: A Decision Framework for Nonprofit Leaders & Boards >>
- (3/16/20) What Nonprofit Board Members Should Be Doing Right Now to Address the COVID-19 Situation >>
- (3/16/20) How Nonprofits and Board Members Can Respond to COVID-19 >>
- Nonprofit Quarterly (5/14/20) Responding to COVID-19: Managing a PPP Loan Effectively >>
- BlumShapiro (4/7/20) Non-Profit COVID-19 Resources >>
- FMA's (Fiscal Strength for Nonprofits) Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Toolbox provides a variety of useful resources to help nonprofits navigate the PPP process including recorded webinars and free clinics where nonprofits can get their questions answered.
- Nonprofit Finance Fund (4/2/20) Crisis Funding and Debt: What Organizations Need to Know >>
- FMA's (Fiscal Strength for Nonprofits) (3/25/20) Managing Nonprofit Finances During the Coronavirus Crisis >>
- Nonprofit Quarterly (3/19/20) Sustainability to Survivability: 5 Nonprofit Finance Must-Do’s in the Time of COVID >>
- Nonprofit Finance Fund (3/13/20) COVID-19: What Nonprofits Should Do Right Now >>
APRIL 29: CohnReznick: Affordable Housing Leaders Discuss State of the Industry >>
A roundtable of Affordable Housing leaders talk about the COVID-19 impact on the community development industry
- Partnership for Strong Communities: Housing Resources for Advocates and Providers During COVID-19 >>
- The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) (S. 748), passed by the Senate and House and signed into law on March 27, provides significant funding for nonprofits, businesses, hospitals, schools, and social support programs. For more information read National Council of Nonprofit's analysis >>
- The CARES Act gives eligible nonprofits choices for securing cash needed to maintain staff and operations. Use the chart to decide which loan is the right one for your organization >>
Connecticut Recovery Bridge Loan Program
- (3/26/20) Connecticut Recovery Bridge Loan Program provides emergency cash flow relief to small businesses and nonprofits negatively impacted by COVID-19. Connecticut is now offering qualifying organizations with 100 or fewer employees access to no-interest loans.
Disaster Loan Information
- US Small Business Administration (SBA) provides low-interest disaster loans to businesses of all sizes, private non-profit organizations, homeowners, and renters.
- Independent Sector (4/29/20) Volunteerism during COVID-19 >>
COMMUNICATIONS and TECH RESOURCES
Recordings and Replays
- The Communications Network (5/14/20) Dr. Richard Wenzel Shares the Latest on COVID-19 + Your Questions >>
- The Communications Network (5/13/20) Digital Advocacy during COVID-19 >>
- Joseph Rowntree Foundation (5/5/20) Talking about coronavirus and poverty: a guide to framing your messages >>
- The Communication Network (4/24/20) COVID-19 Virtual Roundtable: Adaptive Leadership — and the Role of Nonprofit Brand Strategy Now >>
- The Communication Network (4/22/20) Virtual Roundtable: Making Meaningful Connections Across Difference and Spaces >>
- The Communications Network | COVID-19 Virtual Roundtable Recordings >>
- Big Duck Communications (3/20/20) Facilitating great meetings online >>The Communications Network >>
- Tech Impact Idealware (3/19/20) Prepare Your Nonprofit for Smooth Sailing Through COVID-19 >>
- The Communication Network (3/18/20) COVID-19 Q&A with Infectious Disease Expert Dr. Richard Wenzel >>
- Big Duck Communications (3/18/20) Navigating external communications during this time of crisis >>
Communications and Technology Links
- TechSoup (4/10/20) Guidelines for Configuring Zoom at Your Nonprofit >>
- Frameworks Institute (4/16/20) Framing COVID-19 >>
- Nellie Mae Education Foundation (4/1/20) Blog by Chiara Wegener, Chief Communications Officer | Communications for Good and COVID-19 >>
- Million Voters Project | Represent Together: A Messaging Guide for Wellness and Safety >>
- The Communications Network | Listserv Open to Everyone >>
- PRSA | Resources for Communicating in a Time of COVID-19 >>
- The Communications Network | Coronavirus Crisis Communications Triage Kit >>
- Northern California Grantmakers | Guidance for Philanthropic Communications in a Pandemic >>
- Opportunity Agenda | Talking About Coronavirus: Centering Language around Inclusion, Empowerment, and Justice >>
- Techsoup (4/3/20) Keeping Your Nonprofit's Systems Secure During the COVID-19 Pandemic >>
- Techsoup | Resources for Nonprofits Impacted by COVID-19 >>
- Idealware and 501 Commons | A site for technology resources to deal with COVID-19 | PrepareRespondServe.org >>
- Idealware | The Remote Option: Smart Technology for Creating Virtual Teams >>
- CT.GOV/Coronavirus | This State of Connecticut portal provides the latest information on the coronavisrus, including resources, executive orders, and guidance.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention | https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) | Guidance for businesses and employers
- State of CT Department of Public Health updates | https://portal.ct.gov/DPH/Search-Results?SearchKeyword=corona
- World Health Organization (WHO) | Guidance on mass gatherings >>