Find resources to help support relief efforts for the disaster created by Hurricane Dorian.
CCP, with the help of the United Philanthropy Forum and other organizations, has compiled a list of resources regarding Hurricane Dorian and ways to support communities impacted by the storm. With Hurricane Dorian passing Florida to make its way to Georgia, the Carolinas, and Virginia we understand that people are currently in need of aid and that there will be more people who could benefit from support.
Coordinated by the Center for Disaster Philanthropy and co-sponsored by the Council on Foundations, this webinar will examine what is transpiring in communities impacted by Hurricane Dorian, from the Bahamas to the eastern coastline.
- The Center for Disaster Philanthropy has created a Hurricane Dorian disaster profile, which provides updates on the storm as well as information on the areas of greatest need.
- The Disaster Philanthropy Playbook is a compilation of philanthropic strategies, promising practices and lessons learned that help communities be better prepared when a disaster strikes their community. In particular, it is aimed at helping philanthropic organizations and individual donors be more strategic with their investments and recognize the importance of supporting long-term recovery for vulnerable populations.
- North Carolina Network of Grantmakers has a resource page that will be updated with more information as Hurricane Dorian approaches North Carolina.
- The Miami Foundation has a Hurricane Dorian relief page with a number of relief and recovery resources.
- The Community Foundation of Palm Beach and Martin Counties has a fund that a donor will contribute matching dollars to support the Bahamas.
- The Jessie Ball duPont Fund resource, Creating Order from Chaos: Roles for Philanthropy in Disaster Planning and Response, provides a framework for steps that can be taken for philanthropy response to disasters.
- The Center for Disaster Philanthropy has launched the CDP 2019 Atlantic Hurricane Season Recovery Fund to support communities that will be affected by Hurricane Dorian. This fund focuses on medium- and long-term recovery, with the understanding that individuals and communities will need the support of private philanthropy for months or years as they navigate the road to recovery.
- The New York Times has released an article, How to Help Hurricane Dorian Survivors in the Bahamas, sharing multiple ways to help survivors.
- Charity Navigator has created a list of high-rated organizations providing aid and relief for Hurricane Dorian for both short-term and long-term relief.