Connecticut Council for Philanthropy (CCP) manages a listserv for the Development Officer Network. The listserv is an active forum to post and answer questions related to fundraising and development. To facilitate knowledge-sharing and build a respectful online and offline community, CCP has created the following listserv guidelines.
1. Participation on this listserv is limited to staff and trustees of CCP member organizations.
2. Information shared over the listserv should be treated as confidential.
3. When you post a new question:
- Start a new email message with a descriptive subject line
- Include your name, organization, phone number and email address at the bottom of the message
- When appropriate, include a specific date by which you would like information from colleagues (e.g. an upcoming Board meeting)
- The URL to paste into the TO: line on your new message is: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. The listserv is configured so that when you reply to a message from the listserv, your message is sent back to the listserv and will be received by all subscribers. If a reply is intended only for the sender or if a message is personal in nature, please send your email directly to the individual.
5. The listserv aims to be a transparent vehicle for sharing information. However, occasionally there are sensitive questions that require anonymity. In this case, CCP staff will post the question on your behalf.
- Call or email Annie Adams, 860-525-5585, with your question and reason for anonymity. She will post the question to the listserv without attribution.
- Members of the listserv who would like to be a resource for the anonymous person should email Dee directly.
- Dee will connect the individual who had the question with the individual(s) who volunteered to be a resource.
To Send a New Message to the Listserv: When posting a new question to the listserv, always start a new message. If you reply to a previous message, but change the subject line, it will get archived incorrectly (as a single message thread instead of distinct threads).
Unsubscribe: Please contact Annie Adams, aadams@CTphilanthropy.org.
Legal Disclaimer: Listservs are provided as a service of Connecticut Council for Philanthropy (CCP), which accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted by others. Do not use this, or any, CCP hosted or provided service to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or that otherwise violates any law. CCP reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
Questions? For any questions related to the CCP Development Officer Network, contact Annie Adams, aadams@CTphilanthropy.org, 860-525-5585.