Fairfield County's Community Foundation (FCCF) recently evaluated their Career Connections program and produced a report, Opportunities in Health Care, Evaluation of Career Connectictions Program at Norwalk Community College. Karen Brown, vice president for innovation and strategic learning for FCCF, co-wrote the report with Stacie Powers of Philliber Research Evaluatiuon.
The Career Connections program was a career pathways program at Norwalk Community College (NCC) aimed at connecting opportunity youth in Fairfield County to high-demand allied health care jobs in the local labor force. Some of the many lessons learned include:
- Promote Public Awareness of Community College Certificate Programs
- Fund Program Planning Phase
- Focus on Student Recruitment and On-Boarding Strategies
- Design Opportunity Youth Programs for “Second Chances”
- Design Multiple Student Cohort Experiences
Read a story of one Career Connections student: Finding a Career Path & A New Dream Through Thrive by 25 >>