UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE FOUNDATION OF CONNECTICUT
MERIDEN, CT -- Universal Health Care Foundation of Connecticut is seeking a Development and Communications Officer who would be responsible for building, leading and growing a mission-oriented individual giving program to help meet operational needs of UHCF.
Reporting to the President of Universal Health Care Foundation of Connecticut (UHCF) and in partnership with a cross-functional Fund Development Team, the Development & Communications Officer is responsible for building, leading and growing a mission-oriented individual giving program to help meet operational needs of UHCF.
- Work with the President and the team in creating and executing the UHCF individual gifts plan for a sustained base of annual individual donors.
- Conduct ongoing research and screening to identify prospective donors.
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of ongoing relationships with prospects for major gifts and ensure ongoing stewardship of major donors.
- Propose, design and execute planning of cultivation and stewardship events.
- Work with staff colleagues to maintain a working understanding of the Foundation’s priorities and strategies. Communicate with donors persuasively about what their gifts accomplish.
- Develop marketing tools for fund development purposes, including newsletters and other communications collateral.
- Collaborate with the UHCF Communications team on donor-focused social media and Website content creation and implementation.
- Coordinate the cross-functional Fund Development Team’s priorities; in general, work collaboratively with staff and provide volunteers focus and direction.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders such as staff, board and key partners.
- Work with the President to develop and administer the annual budget for Fund Development.
- Manage the effective use of the donor database, and provide guidance to staff responsible for data entry and gift processing.
- Professionally represent UHCF.
- Work with the President to foster a culture of philanthropy throughout the organization.
- Work with the President and staff colleagues on potential grant opportunities, including grant writing, as needed.
- Five to eight years’ experience with individual giving, including annual appeals, direct mail and major gifts fund development, or social purpose marketing/communications.
- Must have substantive experience and demonstrated results working in fund development in the nonprofit sector. Experience with public policy advocacy organizations is a plus, and experience in health care advocacy organizations, an additional plus.
- Must have a working knowledge of effective practices in securing major and annual gifts from individuals.
- Demonstrated mastery of donor research strategies, techniques and tools (including use of wealth screening services), prospecting, supporting and executing cultivation activities and stewardship management.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Demonstrated experience in effective donor-centric communications.
- Knowledge and facility with social media.
- Power-user of technology for written communications (including presentations) and database management. Working knowledge of database programs such as Salesforce or Raisers Edge a significant plus.
- Detail oriented; superior at follow-up; a laser-like focus on outcomes.
- Creative and entrepreneurial problem-solver.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in and at times lead project teams of staff that are not direct reports.
Bachelor's Degree in the liberal arts and humanities, health and human services, business administration, marketing/communications or other relevant field of study.
Compensation and Benefits: Compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage; 401K retirement plan; life insurance; and tuition reimbursement.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: HR@universalhealthct.org