NEIGHBORHOOD HOUSING SERVICES OF NEW HAVEN
NEW HAVEN, CT - NHS New Haven is seeking a Development Communications Specialist to develop and implement strategies for donor and audience engagement that result in NHS reaching its funding goals.
This is the perfect job for you if:
- You value solid branding and marketing communications,
- You love producing content for all media
- You want to help create social and economic equity in New Haven and the surrounding area.
- You want a career that defines you
- You are interested in career growth
What We Do & How You Fit In:
NHS New Haven promotes home ownership for people of all income levels. We provide education and financial coaching. We rehabilitate homes and help residents take charge of their neighborhoods. Our holistic approach to social justice merges community building with direct service. As Development Communications Specialist, you will further our mission to empower families and revitalize neighborhoods throughout the region.
NHS New Haven is a member of the national NeighborWorks® America Network.
The Development Communications Specialist is a full-time 40 hour/week position. You will work with the communications & development team to develop and implement strategies for donor and audience engagement that result in NHS reaching its funding goals.
Are You Our Ideal Candidate?
You may be, if you:
- Have a strong portfolio of writing and design projects
- Communicate effectively with colleagues
- Are well-organized and can multitask efficiently in a high-stress environment
- Are assertive, outgoing, patient, and professional.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Communications & Event Planning
Create and disseminate:
- Annual campaigns,
- Communications and social media strategy,
- Fundraising and promotional materials,
- Mass mailings
Help plan and implement events.
- Design branded events including a Valentine’s Breakfast, Annual Meeting, Donor Celebration(s), Ribbon Cuttings, and various festivals throughout the year
- Create & implement marketing & PR strategy for events
- Design outreach materials to secure sponsors and other funding sources for events and programs.
- Attend events.
- Assist the Communications and Development Director in planning major gifts outreach.
- Write and design email newsletters and other donor outreach materials.
- Development staff with grant writing as needed
REQUIRED Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in English, Spanish, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or a related field
- Two (2) or more years’ experience in grant writing
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient with Adobe Illustrator, knowledge of Photoshop & InDesign a plus
- Experience with Mailchimp, Facebook for fundraising, LinkedIn
- Superior writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
To Succeed In This Job, You Will Be:
Strategic, creative, organized, efficient & effective;
Professional, diplomatic, and mature;
Able to foster camaraderie with senior executives and among colleagues;
Able to work independently and deal with rapidly changing priorities;
Be passionate about mission-driven work and social justice;
Respect and enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds.
To apply, send your cover letter, resume, and a writing sample to:
James A. Paley, Executive Director
NHS New Haven, Inc.
No calls please!
Neighborhood Housing Services of New Haven is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ community to apply.