FAIRFIELD COUNTY'S COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
NORWALK, CT - Fairfield County's Community Foundation is seeking a Manager, Community Capacity Building to lead the Foundation’s community/resident outreach and engagement efforts in partnership with the Director of Advocacy & Capacity Building and the community impact team.
Fairfield County’s Community Foundation (FCCF) promotes philanthropy as a means to create change in Fairfield County, focusing on innovative and collaborative solutions to critical issues impacting the community.
FCCF is the third largest community foundation in Connecticut with assets of approximately $224 million. FCCF manages 600 charitable funds and raises $20 million annually from diverse donors to support a variety of charitable interests. Contributions can be made for the general benefit of the community or designated to a specific purpose, cause or nonprofit organization.
The Manager, Community Capacity Building will play a key role in our fast paced, dynamic organization. This position will lead the Foundation’s community/resident outreach and engagement efforts in partnership with the Director of Advocacy & Capacity Building and the community impact team. The position reports to the Director of Advocacy & Capacity Building.
- Develop and implement a community outreach strategy to identify and engage community and resident leaders in key geographic areas most affected by the opportunity gap (Bridgeport, Norwalk, Stamford and Danbury), so that their perspective is included and prioritized when developing strategy, policy and solutions
- Identify specific ways to amplify the voices of target populations, including immigrants, youth and young adults, and women and girls, in policy and program decisions
- Foster dialogue, shared understanding and resource and goal alignment among diverse, cross-sector community partners by convening and connecting individuals involved in or affected by the opportunity gap for learning, discussion and perspective
- Gather and disseminate community knowledge
- Identify gaps in the Foundation’s community knowledge and relationships and work to fill them by building and maintaining trusted community relationships through presence at community events and by launching new community engagement initiatives
- Support the Foundation’s work to strengthen understanding of and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout Fairfield County in partnership with the VP of Community Impact and the Community Impact team
- Partner with the Manager of Data Science and Evaluation to engage community leaders, residents and beneficiaries on research reports, such as the Fairfield County Community Well-Being Index
- Form strategic partnerships with funders, cross-sector collaboratives or organizations that have connections to or focus on constituent voice and leadership
- Make funding recommendations to program officers for organizations working to strengthen resident/community voice and leadership
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to manage complex internal and external relationships; present complex ideas and analysis; and interact with diverse audiences
- Significant experience in community organizing/leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish and lead initiatives, organize, prioritize and multitask
- Creative, strategic mindset with the ability to implement tactically
- Ability to be flexible and work comfortably in a fast-paced, changing and collaborative environment
- Experience working in or closely with local, state or federal government preferred
- Relationships with state elected officials and/or elected officials in Fairfield County’s largest cities preferred
- Ability to attend frequent community and legislative events, including early morning, evening and occasional weekend events throughout Fairfield County and Hartford and New Haven counties
- Commitment to the Foundation’s values of diversity, equity, inclusion, collaboration and integrity
- Proficiency in MS Office – specifically Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work/life experience
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fairfield County’s Community Foundation respects diversity and accordingly is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against employees or applicants because of race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, present or past history of mental disorder, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local laws. We are dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to the recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, and benefits of applicants and employees.