THE JEWISH COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
WEST HARTFORD, CT - The Jewish Community Foundation is seeking a Marketing Director to make to play a leading, hands-on role in developing and implementing the strategies and objectives of the Foundation through marketing, communications and community engagement programs.
THE JEWISH COMMUNITY FOUNDATION OF GREATER HARTFORD (JCF)
The Jewish Community Foundation of Greater Hartford unlocks the transformative power of individual and collective philanthropy to solve problems, strengthen community organizations, and provide permanent support for our Jewish community. Thanks to the vision and generosity of individuals, families, businesses and organizations, past and present, the Foundation has more than $120 million in assets under management, while granting a total of $4.5 million annually. More than just a steward of the community’s endowment, the Foundation today is on the cutting edge of innovative grantmaking and, with its community partners, seeks to identify and solve the community’s most pressing challenges.
Working closely with staff across the Foundation, the Marketing Director will make a positive impact on the social fabric of the Greater Hartford community by playing a leading, hands-on role in developing and implementing the strategies and objectives of the Foundation through marketing, communications and community engagement programs. The Marketing Director uses traditional and new media to build our pipeline of donors and inspire philanthropy across Greater Hartford, while supporting the Foundation’s efforts to build the Jewish community’s capacity to do good and convey effective public messages about the role of the Jewish Community Foundation in Greater Hartford. This individual will embody Foundation’s commitment to repairing the world by collaborating across the community through partnerships with nonprofit agencies, synagogues, other foundations and individuals.
- Marketing: Plans, implements and evaluates marketing and communications vehicles and campaigns, helping to increase the Foundation’s visibility and engagement with the community. Tasks include but are not limited to coordinating customized communications to target audiences, strengthening our brand through the development of coordinated messaging, implementing advertising strategies and developing targeted collateral – and measuring the impact of these activities.
- Website and Social Media: Strategizes, plans, implements and evaluates website and social media for maximal impact.
- Publications: Produces and/or coordinates production of hard copy and electronic publications. Identifies and liaises with designers and other vendors to implement projects, including the annual report, donor and advisor materials, newsletters, and stories focusing on social impact and the power of endowment.
- Media Relations: Draft and edit press materials and work with local, regional and national press to maximize media coverage, where appropriate.
- Community Engagement: Liaise with community partner organizations and grantees to identify off-site engagement/outreach and awareness raising opportunities. Work in cross-functional team to execute public programs and events, with primary responsibility for messaging, invitations and collateral. Identify opportunities to increase the visibility of the Foundation and its programs including coordinating sponsorship and advertising of community partner and/or grantee events.
- Project Management: Manage projects within budget and timelines.
Other duties as assigned, dependent on organizational needs and employee skills.
- Marketing Expertise: Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications, social media and public relations activities. Proven record of segmenting audiences, researching their needs and preferences and tailoring the message and packaging.
- Communication Skills: Superior interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including writing, editing, proofreading, and visual communication through design. Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with diverse audiences, including community leaders, elected officials, reporters and editors, coalition partners and the public.
- Project Management Skills: Superb organizational skills required. Ability to plan and implement multiple projects simultaneously from start to finish. Ability to prioritize work effectively under pressure, meet deadlines, adjust to fast-faced workplace with attention to detail.
- Team Work Skills: Ability to work effectively in a team setting, especially across functions within an organization.
- Experience: Proven track record in marketing or communications with at least 4 years of experience in applied social media, marketing and communications work. Video marketing experience a plus.
- Technology Skills: Strong proficiency in current technology, including content management systems, web development, email marketing, and graphic design programs. Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and InDesign preferred.
- Education: B.A. degree, preferably in journalism, marketing, English, public relations, political science, American studies or a similar field.
- General: Creative, results-oriented, self-starting, willing to learn and work with a team, and able to manage a demanding schedule, including some travel and occasional evening and weekend meetings and events.
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package, including health, dental, and vacation. Position based in West Hartford, Connecticut.
Hours: 40 hours per week (on average; may work more hours around events or meetings.)
HOW TO APPLY
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls please.