HARTFORD, CT -- The Connecticut Health Foundation is seeking a part-time controller.
The Connecticut Health Foundation is the state’s largest health philanthropy dedicated to improving health outcomes for people of color. Since its inception in 1999, the foundation has awarded more than $63 million to nonprofit organizations and public entities to expand health equity, reduce health disparities, expand health coverage and improve the health of all Connecticut residents.
Reports to: Vice President of Finance & Operations
Status: 24 Hours (Tuesday-Thursday, 8:30am-5:00pm; 30 minute lunch) Additional hours may be required during peak periods
- Perform all monthly, quarterly and annual accounting and financial reporting
- Manage banking and custody relationships and perform due diligence
- Manage the day-to-day functions of the annual audit and support preparation of the audited financial statements and 990-PF and 990-T
- Assist with preparation, monitoring ongoing maintenance of the annual operating budget.
- Manage the annual enrollment process for all benefits.Interface with brokers as needed.
- Manage tracking, payment, accounting and reporting for salary and benefits
- Manage non-benefit related insurance.
- Record all contracts and report disbursements against them.
- Provide back-up to the Office Manager on various financial functions.
Qualifications and Skills:
- B.S. in accounting with 7+ years of related experience.
- Certified Public Accountant designation and/or auditing experience desired.
- Experience with investments and investment accounting desired.
- Demonstrated excellence in computer skills and knowledge of all major elements of Microsoft Office 2016+
- Experience with an accounting software package such as QuickBooks required.
- Knowledge of employee benefits desired.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills, able to translate complex technical topics.
- Able to prioritize the work and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to work with limited direction on day-to-day tasks.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Committed to CTHealth’s Health Equity mission.
Send a cover letter are resume to:
Carol L. Kardas, SPHR, CCP, SHRM-SCP