Thursday, February 28th, 8 AM – 9:45 AM at The Klein Memorial Auditorium
Fairfield County’s Giving Day Powered by Fairfield County’s Community Foundation
430 Nonprofits will be Vying for $100,000 in Prizes
What: We are kicking off Giving Day with people who care about helping our community thrive. Join us as we celebrate with business leaders, policy makers and donors. You can expect a lively, fun atmosphere with breakfast and music. Plus grant prize drawings for nonprofits, giving stations, and more!
Fairfield County’s Giving Day is our region’s biggest philanthropic day of the year. And by visiting FCGives.org on February 28th, everyone has the chance to be a philanthropist and to support causes nearest to their hearts. On Giving Day, every donation counts!
This dynamic 24-hour online fundraising event, powered by Fairfield County’s Community Foundation, began in 2014 and has raised nearly $6 million for more than 746 nonprofits. In 2019 our champion sponsor, Bank of America, is back for our 6th annual Giving Day to help to empower all community members to participate in philanthropy by encouraging local giving to 430 local nonprofits, serving the 23 towns and cities of Fairfield County. This year’s nonprofits represent the arts, human services, environment; health and mental health; human services; women & girls and so much more.
Please join your neighbors and community leaders to raise critical funds and awareness for your favorite causes!
- Juanita T. James, President and CEO, Fairfield County’s Community Foundation
- Leaders of the Nonprofit community
- Leaders of the Business Community
- Local legislators & policymakers
- Sponsors and partners are dedicated to the greater community of nonprofits in Fairfield County and powers the success of Giving Day. Giving Day 2019’s partners and sponsors join Fairfield County’s Community Foundation’s fundraising 24-hour marathon to empower the community at large and encourage local philanthropy.
- Fairfield County’s Community Foundation is proud to partner with champion sponsor, Bank of America, for the sixth year in a row.
- Giving Day’s Media Partner Hearst Connecticut Media Group and media sponsors including Moffly Media, Star 99.9 and 95.9 the Fox, Hamlet Hub, Barrett Outdoor, and News12 Connecticut
- Neighborhood sponsors including Newman's Own Foundation and Stop & Shop
- Power Hour sponsor The Jeniam Foundation
- Town Square sponsors including Neuberger Berman, Webster Private Bank, Day Pitney, First County Bank, and Insperity
- Event sponsors The Klein Memorial Auditorium, Source Coffehouse, and Ratatouille & Co
Where: The Klein Memorial Auditorium, 910 Fairfield Ave, Bridgeport, CT 06605
When: Thursday, February 28, 2019, 8:00 am – 9:45 am
About Fairfield County’s Community Foundation
Fairfield County’s Community Foundation promotes philanthropy as a means to create change in Fairfield County, focusing on innovative and collaborative solutions to critical issues impacting the community. Individuals, families, corporations and organizations can establish charitable funds or contribute to existing funds. The Community Foundation is in compliance with the Council on Foundations’ national standards and has awarded over $220 million in grants to nonprofits in Fairfield County and beyond. As a trusted nonprofit partner and thought leader, Fairfield County’s Community Foundation brings together community organizers, business experts and philanthropists to close the opportunity gap. Our goal is to create a vital and inclusive community, where every individual has the opportunity to thrive.
Helen L. Koven
Helen L. Koven LLC
Public Relations Consultant