The Connecticut Council for Philanthropy is the leading voice to policy makers on behalf of Connecticut’s grantmakers. The CCP works with its members and its public policy committee to connect the ideas and insights of the Connecticut philanthropic community to policy makers.
The CCP does this by:
- Informing grantmakers about key state and federal policy issues and the potential impact on the philanthropic sector and giving. View past Policy Updates >>
- Promoting the importance of policy work and enhancing the capacity of foundations and corporate giving programs to be involved in the policy area
- Developing ongoing relationships with state and federal policy makers
- Acting as a convener and intermediary between policy makers and members
- Representing the interests of Connecticut grantmakers to elected officials
- Enhancing policymakers’ understanding about organized philanthropy
The CCP may take positions on public policy issues such as pending legislation or regulations on issues which affect the field of philanthropy, issues affecting the health and well-being of nonprofit organizations in general, and efforts to promote a greater understanding of the possibilities of partnerships between the public and private sectors.