Dear CCP Member,
I hope that this finds you well. Last week, we shared our immediate plans for responding to the coronavirus pandemic. Now, we are developing intermediate plans to best support our members and the communities they serve in the coming weeks. We have outlined below what we have planned in terms of our response, but we also want to hear from you. Please take a few minutes to fill out our brief member survey by Friday, March 20, to let us know how CCP can best support your organization at this time.
What we’ve heard from other states is that coordination matters. To that end, CCP will:
- Host regular meetings to support information sharing and coordination among our members and other partners, like nonprofits and state and municipal leaders. We will provide regular space for ongoing updates, information sharing and collaboration, and support funders who want to work together regionally as well as statewide.
- Compile updates and information about what philanthropy and others are doing in response to coronavirus around Connecticut.
- Identify and share gaps and opportunities that we are seeing, or that are being brought to our attention.
- Offer some virtual learning programs to support you and your partners in this moment. For example, we are pulling together a webinar with our partners at The Giving Practice focused on facilitating and participating in virtual meetings. Tuesday, March 24 is the tentative date, and we will send more information soon. CCP staff is also happy to help you become more familiar with virtual meeting platforms.
- Finally, we are a community and community matters. We plan to create some virtual spaces for our members and their staff to connect to each other while so many of us are working remotely.
As we do this work, we need your help. This is what I ask of you:
#1 Share information with us. If your organization is responding to the coronavirus or you’re tracking others’ efforts, please let us know about them by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. CCP will compile and share statewide efforts.
#2 Help us connect. Help CCP increase and broaden philanthropy’s connections to state and nonprofit network leaders.
#3 Share ideas for how we can help. If you have suggestions for how we can better support connection and collaboration, we want to know.
We are wishing you and your communities well during these challenging times. We look forward to seeing you online.
With best regards,