Click on the button to find COVID-19 Resources for Funders including webinars and recordings, best paractice articles, and more.
- CCP Member COVID-19 Response Check-In (4/3/20 - 12:00 - 1:00 PM) Register >>
On last week’s call, members shared a strong interest in hearing from government leaders engaged in the state’s response. We are very fortunate that this week we will be joined by Lisa Tepper Bates, from the Office of the Governor, who is chairing the Recovery/Immediate Needs Subgroup of Commissioner David Lehman's Long Term Recovery Committee. Learn more and register >>
FUNDER RESPONSES TO COVID-19
Click on the buttons to find Response Funds Available for Nonprofits and Funding News.
HOW CCP IS RESPONDING
- CCP Supports Equity in Response to Coronavirus (3/19/20) CCP signed on to a joint statement of philanthropy serving organizations (PSOs): Keep Equity at the Forefront in Philanthropy’s Response to the Coronavirus >>
- CCP Urges Congress to Support Nonprofits in Stimulus Bill (3/18/20) Joining a national effort by regional grantmaking organizations, CCP sent a letter to the Connecticut Congressional delegation urging that support for the nonprofit community be included in the federal response to COVID-19. Read the letter >>
- Support for Child Care (3/16/20) The Connecticut Early Childhood Funder Collaborative sent a letter to the Connecticut Congressional delegation urging their support for emergency funding to address the impact of the coronavirus crisis on young children, their families, child care providers and communities. Read the letter >>
- DECD Variance for Foundations: CCP and CCP's Community Foundation Network sent letters to the Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development (DECD) requesting a variance of Executive Order No. 7H which required that “Non-essential businesses or not-for-profit entities shall reduce their in-person workforces at any workplace locations by 100% not later than March 23, 2020 at 8:00 PM." The requests were to allow foundations to have minimal access their business locations in order to process gifts and grants critical to the COPVID-19 crisis, so as to effectively serve the community in this time crisis.
- Message from CCP President Karla Fortunato (3/17/20) | Now, we are developing intermediate plans to best support our members and the communities they serve in the coming weeks. We have outlined what we have planned in terms of our response, but we also want to hear from you. Please let us know how CCP can best support your organization at this time. Read more >>
- Message from CCP President Karla Fortunato (3/12/20) | Like you, we are closely following the advisories, updates, and impacts of the coronavirus in Connecticut and beyond. In an abundance of caution, we’ve decided to suspend all in-person meetings for the month of March. Instead, we are holding discussions and programs virtually or rescheduling for later in the spring. We have decided that moving forward with our annual conference in May is not appropriate at this time. We are exploring alternatives, and will most likely reschedule our annual gathering to be held later this year. Read more >>
- The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) (S. 748), passed by the Senate and House and signed into law on March 27, provides significant funding for nonprofits, businesses, hospitals, schools, and social support programs. For more information read National Council of Nonprofit's analysis >>
- Connecticut Recovery Bridge Loan Program (3/26/20) Provides emergency cash flow relief to small businesses and nonprofits negatively impacted by COVID-19. Connecticut is now offering qualifying organizations with 100 or fewer employees access to no-interest loans.
- Disaster Loan Information | US Small Business Administration (SBA) provides low-interest disaster loans to businesses of all sizes, private non-profit organizations, homeowners, and renters.
- The CARES Act gives eligible nonprofits choices for securing cash needed to maintain staff and operations. Use the chart to decide which loan is the right one for your organization >>
- Nonprofit Quarterly (3/19/20) Sustainability to Survivability: 5 Nonprofit Finance Must-Do’s in the Time of COVID >>
- Board Source (3/16/20) What Nonprofit Board Members Should Be Doing Right Now to Address the COVID-19 Situation >>
- Board Source (3/16/20) How Nonprofits and Board Members Can Respond to COVID-19 >>
- Nonprofit Finance Fund (3/13/20) COVID-19: What Nonprofits Should Do Right Now >>
COMMUNICATIONS and TECH RESOURCES
Webinars and Recordings
- Big Duck Communications (3/20/20 - 1:00 PM) Facilitating great meetings online >>
- Tech Impact Idealware (3/19/20) Prepare Your Nonprofit for Smooth Sailing Through COVID-19 >>
- The Communication Network (3/18/20) COVID-19 Q&A with Infectious Disease Expert Dr. Richard Wenzel >>
- Big Duck Communications (3/18/20 - 1:30 PM) Navigating external communications during this time of crisis >>
Communications and Technology Links
- PRSA | Resources for Communicating in a Time of COVID-19 >>
- Idealware and 501 Commons | A site for technology resources to deal with COVID-19 | PrepareRespondServe.org >>
- Idealware | The Remote Option: Smart Technology for Creating Virtual Teams >>
- The Communications Network | Coronavirus Crisis Communications Triage Kit >>
- Northern California Grantmakers | Guidance for Philanthropic Communications in a Pandemic >>
- Opportunity Agenda | Talking About Coronavirus: Centering Language around Inclusion, Empowerment, and Justice >>
- CT.GOV/Coronavirus | This State of Connecticut portal provides the latest information on the coronavisrus, including resources, executive orders, and guidance.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention | https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) | Guidance for businesses and employers
- State of CT Department of Public Health updates | https://portal.ct.gov/DPH/Search-Results?SearchKeyword=corona
- World Health Organization (WHO) | Guidance on mass gatherings >>