Transforming our community through the power of partnerships
CCP is the go-to center for connections, networks, ideas and information among a growing network of grantmakers throughout Connecticut. Members have access to targeted benefits and services and a powerful link to fellow funders who share a commitment to addressing critical issues affecting citizens and communities across the state.
Contact us: ccp@CTphilanthropy.org, 860-525-5585.
- The power of good connections. >>
- The power of good networks. >>
- The power of effective philanthropy. >>
- The power of good ideas. >>
- The power of good information. >>
- The power of good investments. >>
- Good Reasons to Be a CCP Member >>
- CCP Member Orientation Webinar >>
The power of good connections
CCP connects its members and the Connecticut philanthropic community to policy makers and engages members in public policy and advocacy activities.
- Members are informed.
As a member, you will receive timely, relevant information to guide your work, advocacy and planning, including notices about trending legislation and pending bills before Congress.
- Members are supported.
You will also gain exclusive access to CCP resources including advocacy rules, regulations and best practices, as well as skill- and knowledge-building opportunities designed to enable effective action.
- Members are represented.
Finally, you will benefit from CCP’s regular interactions with state officials and the media concerning issues affecting philanthropy in Connecticut.
The power of good networks
CCP supports members in a variety of ways, including making connections that leverage relationships that matter. Members with similar roles, who work in same region, or have common interests can connect to enhance their knowledge and effectiveness. These groups are member led, driven by the group’s agenda and meet regularly to advance their common goals. Current CCP member groups include:
- Community Foundation CEOs
- Program Officers
- Foundation Administrators
- Fairfield County Funders
- Greater Hartford Funders
- Eastern Connecticut Funders
- Early Childhood Funder Collaborative
- Connecticut Funder Collaborative to Promote Civic Engagement
The power of effective philanthropy
As a member, you will have full access to a robust annual calendar of programs designed to inform, inspire and connect members more deeply to their work and to each other. Members regularly collaborate with CCP to deliver briefings about a specific issue or grantmaking priority. CCP offers programs that enhance our member’s understanding of and knowledge about philanthropy through skill-building opportunities led by experts in the field. Recent programs include:
- Philanthropy 101 >>
- Strengthening Democracy & Communities Through Civic Engagement >>
- CT’s Opioid Crisis: What Funders Need to Know >>
- Yes, You Can Advocate! >>
- The 990 Workshop: A Tool for Grantee Evaluation >>
The power of good ideas
Members have access to research, knowledge and expertise through CCP’s national network of more than 5,500 grantmaking organizations and philanthropy serving organizations. Members can also use CCP’s communication channels to expand their reach, gain additional visibility, and connect with other members.
We customize your membership. All CCP members:
- receive personal, professional and prompt service from CCP staff to tap into a wealth of local, regional and national information.
- gain proprietary access to the CCP’s website, a resource for current and thoughtful philanthropic information and resources.
- participate in and receive the results of sector surveys to help inform our sector.
- enroll in peer list serves and receive notices about important research, data and other information.
- post job opportunities on the CCP Job Board to assist with search and recruitment.
- post Grant Opportunities and Requests for Proposals to widely share information.
- distribute press announcements, opportunities, research and relevant news to a diverse audience interested in the philanthropic sector by making use of the newsroom, website, social media, and publications.
- access contact information for other members through the Member Directory.
The power of good information
Members receive CCP news and the latest Connecticut philanthropic information, resources and updates on a regular basis. Through CCP’s alliances and partnerships, members are informed about issues, conferences, webinars and new resources from and pertaining to the philanthropic sector.
- CCP Connecticut Philanthropy Digest (monthly)
- CCP Member eBrief (monthly)
- CCP Events listing (monthly)
- CCP Member communications (monthly)
- CCP's Blog, Giving Voice, and social media postings (regular updates)
The power of good investments
CCP has a relationship with the United Philanthropy Forum which provides several discount opportunities for CCP members. We have highlighted a few popular discounts below. For a full list, CLICK HERE and scroll down to “Vendor Discounts: For philanthropy-serving organizations and your members.” If you would like to learn more, contact Dee Goodrich, Director of Member Engagement, 860-525-5585.
- Access Directors & Officers Liability Insurance Coverage through the United Philanthropy Forum.
- Access the Foundation Legal Help Desk through the United Philanthropy Forum.
- 15% off RingCentral with a two-year contract through the United Philanthropy Forum.
- 5% off one-time set up fee for Akoya.net by Bromelkamp Company. Free Quarterly Webinars:
Members may display the following logo on their website or as part of an email signature as an indication of their commitment to and participation in the philanthropic sector in Connecticut.
Contact us: ccp@CTphilanthropy.org, 860-525-5585.