Cox Charities Northeast, a charitable giving initiative of Cox Communications, is currently accepting applications for its 2018 Cox Charities Community Grant program. Cox Charities Community Grants supports non-profit organizations providing summer enrichment and after-school programming focusing on STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) learning.
Grant Process: Applications will be accepted electronically until January 17, 2018.
Funding Criteria: Proposals will be judged on the degree to which the following criteria are met:
- Have current exemption under 501( c )(3) of the IRS code.
- Serve areas within Cox’s Northeast service areas: the State of Rhode Island, excluding Block Island; the following 19 cities and towns in Connecticut: Meriden, Cheshire, Southington, East Granby, East Windsor, Enfield, Granby, Hartland, Somers, Stafford, Suffield, Union, Windsor Locks, Manchester, Glastonbury, Newington, Rocky Hill, South Windsor, and Wethersfield; Cleveland, Ohio.
- Focus on increasing academic achievement in science, technology, engineering, arts and math (STEAM) and the positive development of youth during the summer and after-school time frame.
- Preference will be given to programs that collaborate closely with low performing middle schools.
- The afterschool program must be provided following the traditional school day (Monday – Friday) during the academic school year (minimum of three days a week). Summer program should be provided for six weeks or more. Programs can also be provided throughout the school day.
- The program must exhibit how the grant (ranging from $2,500 - $12,000) will be used in a cost-effective manner; including the number of youth who will benefit from this grant. Include all financial resources and describe how the program is evaluated, including outcome measurements
- Cox Conserves! Applicants that meet the Cox Charities criteria and offer enhancements to after-school programs to promote environmental conservation will receive special consideration when applying.
- The application should not exceed one page, font Times New Roman size 11, margins .5” all around, and single spacing.
- 2017 Community Grant recipients must include a one-page report from the previous year. Proposals that do not include the previous year’s outcome measures will not be reviewed.
- Late and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Limitations: We do not provide grant support to:
- Political campaigns
- Labor or fraternal organizations
- Association chapters
- Religious organizations
- Endowment funds of foundations
Other limitations may apply and will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Cox Charities Community Grant applications are being accepted through January 17, 2018.
- Applications are to be submitted electronically as Cox is now only accepting online submittals. The application along with other required attachments should be scanned into one document and are to be submitted to Cox.Charities@cox.com.
- The subject title of the e-mail must include the name of the applying organization. A standard confirmation of receipt will be sent back to you via e-mail.
- The grants are reviewed by the Cox Charities Community Advisory Committee comprised of area civic, business and community leaders and Cox employees.
- For more information contact: Rosie Fernandez at Rosaura.Fernandez@cox.com.
- Grant announcements will be made in May 2018.
- Summary example below and application.
Contact: Rosie Fernandez at Rosaura.Fernandez@cox.com