Learn how you can register for events online, sign up for a network, search the member directory for organizations and colleagues who have the same interests, and update your profile.
Set or Reset a Password (for existing accounts)
What do I need to do first?
Create a Password or Signup for an Account
As we transitioned to a new website, your profile also got an upgrade! If you had a login in the past or have previously registered for a meeting (existing user), you are already in our system.
You will need to SET or RESET YOUR PASSWORD or REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT:
If you are an existing user, click the link to SET or RESET YOUR PASSWORD. You will be asked to enter your email address (work email address = user name) and we will send you a link to reset your password.
If you are new to a Council member organization, let us know by selecting REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT.
- If you get a message saying your account already exists, an account has already been created for you. You can follow the instructions for an existing user to SET YOUR PASSWORD.
How do I update my account or profile?
We recommend that you set up your new member profile after you have your account password. As part of the new website profiles, we have expanded the information to help us get to know you better and to help us deliver information based on your interests. This information will also better connect you to other Council members with similar interests. Please take the time to fill this section out.
- Click on MY ACCOUNT. Can't see the MY ACCOUNT link in the upper right hand corner of the website? Then you need to login first.
- Click on EDIT.
- Click on EDIT PROFILE.
- You can upload or change your profile picture. Remember this portion of the Member Directory is password protected. Only Council members can see your profile photo.
- Update your contact information and add any social media links.
- Add or update your Professional Interest Areas and Areas of Interest. These will show up as linked buttons on your directory profile. You will be able to search for others with the same interests.
- Click on Save.
How do I register for an event?
- BE SURE TO LOGIN. If you don't see MY ACCOUNT in the upper right hand corner of the website, click LOGIN. Otherwise you will be registering as a nonmember and may incur a nonmember fee or you may be blocked from the event. If you don't see anything in the upper right hand corner of the website, your server/computer security may be blocking information from our site. Have your IT department adjust the settings or add our site to your safe sites list. LOGIN NOW! >>
- YOUR LOGIN IS YOUR EMAIL. If you have forgotten your password or have not yet logged in, set a password, CLICK HERE >>
- On the desired event page, click on the Register Now button.
- A pink box with "your cart" will appear above the event title.
- You can go back to EVENTS to choose another event to add to your cart OR click the "your cart" button to continue and complete the registration.
- You may update the quantity if you want to register someone else from your organization. Then click Update cart.
- Click Checkout.
- Assign registrations in the dropdowns. If someone from your organization does not appear in the dropdown they do not have an account. You'll need to email or call the Council to have them registered.
- Click Continue to next step.
- Checkout is now complete. You can now view your order on your account page. Click on MY ACCOUNT in the upper righthand corner of the website.
- Click Registrations to see all of your event registrations.
QUESTIONS? Contact Deb Werner, 860-525-5585.
How do I sign up for a network?
The Council convenes members around areas of interest, geography, foundation type, or position within the organization to build relationships, learn from one another, and influence grantmaking. Several networks also have listservs. Sign up to receive specific information, resources or materials for your chosen network. Learn about networks and sign up >>
- To see if you are already a member of a network, click on MY ACCOUNT in the upper righthand corner of the website. Can't see MY ACCOUNT? Then you need to LOGIN.
How do I search the directory for a member organization?
The Member Directory link can be found under "Membership" on the blue main navigation bar.
If you are not logged in, then you will see the PUBLIC VIEW of our member directory. It’s searchable by name or funder category, only.
When you click on an organization, you see the Funder Category with a linked button to others in this category, the city state and zip and a website link. The organization's press releases, news links and resources are listed in RELATED CONTENT.
To see the Members Only View of the Directory you must LOGIN.
In the Members Only View you can see the organization's address, phone and website link. In the right hand corner you can find member funders by filtering by funding area, funder category, geographic funding area and types of support.
Click on the organization name and you can see the organization's expanded information including: the mission/goals, founding year, assets, grants, and funding areas. The related content is at the bottom. There is a map pinpointing the organization's location and a staff listing.
How do I search the member directory for a colleague?
The Member Directory link can be found under "Membership" on the blue main navigation bar. Remember, only members can see contacts or colleagues, so be sure to LOGIN first.
Click on the CONTACTS button to see an alphabetical list of your colleagues. You can search by first or last name or by organization by typing in the search box. You can find colleagues with the same interests by using the FILTER on the right hand side.
Find more information on your colleague by clicking on a name. You’ll find their job-related PROFESSIONAL INTEREST AREAS and the organization-related AREAS OF INTEREST. Those buttons are linked so that you can find other colleagues with the same interests.
You’ll also find your colleagues networks/committees and their related organizations.
How do I find information and resources?
Advanced Search Engine
The Council's website has many programs, news items, pages and resources. So how do you find what you're looking for? The site has a powerful search engine that with a simple keyword will search the titles, page content and even within the documents attached to the pages and resources to find the most relevant information related to your search. Just make sure you are logged in, as many materials, tools and toolkits are restricted to members only.
Resources are also stored in an easily searchable repository with numerous filters to quickly narrow your choices and identify the files you are looking for. These filters can be used alone or in combination with a keyword search.
Is the Council sharing my information?
We do not share the information from your profile with anyone outside of the Council or its membership. Your profile information is used to help us and your colleagues know you better.