Connecticut Council for Philanthropy (CCP)
Giving in Connecticut 2015 looks at charitable giving in Connecticut including: individual giving through reported contributions, bequests made through estate giving, and foundation giving. Beyond the data, analysis about cross-sector collaboration, stories about funders making a difference, and quick facts about CCP members are also included. Giving in Connecticut 2015 uses data from the U.S. Census Bureau, the IRS Statistics of income Division, the Foundation Center, and self-reported data gathered by CCP.
- Foundations in Connecticut gave $999 million in 2013, a 1% decrease from 2012.
- Connecticut foundation assets totaled $10.9 billion in 2013, a 22.6% increase from 2012.
- 21.9% of grants (by number) were awarded to human services while 25.99% of grants (by dollar value) were awarded to education.
- 59% of Connecticut foundation assets were held in Fairfield County.
- In 2013, individuals (including bequests) gave $3.66 billion to charity, up 1.1% from 2012.