Nominate an innovative grantmaker for the Nancy P. Roberts Award!
The award honors a foundation or grantmaking organization for innovation in philanthropy. This award will be given during CCP's Annual Conference in 2020. The nomination deadline is extended
Nancy P. Roberts Award Recipients
The Connecticut Council for Philanthropy will recognize a Connecticut foundation or grantmaking organization for its innovative philanthropy. Nominee innovation must be for philanthropic activity that has some demonstrable impact or effect in Connecticut—statewide, in a region or in a community.
This year’s Awards Committee is particularly interested in nominations of philanthropic organizations that are exploring and incorporating best practices for:
- Engaging with the communities they serve;
- advancing equity; or
- applying new feedback loops and evaluation methods to improve grantmaking.
Types of innovation in philanthropy can include, but are not limited to:
- Forming a creative public/private partnership
- Encouraging a paradigm shift
- Developing an unusual collaboration
- Engaging in creative funding or investing
- Implementing a unique grantmaking strategy
- Leveraging resources by engaging in public policy activities
- Creating a culture of learning
- Nominee organizations must be a current Connecticut Council for Philanthropy member
- Individuals are not eligible for the award
- Anyone may nominate a member funder, except members of the Connecticut Council for Philanthropy’s Awards Committee. If an Awards Committee member’s organization is nominated, they will recuse themselves from the selection process.
The Connecticut Council for Philanthropy will annually appoint a committee to review nominations and to select the honoree. This award will be given in conjunction with the CCP’s Annual Conference in 2020.
- Write a letter of nomination describing the nominee organization related to the innovative philanthropy selection criteria. Be specific in your comments.
- Complete the nomination form (download below)
- Attach a brief (up to one-page) history of the nominee organization.
The nomination deadline is extended to a future date TBD. Send nominations to: ccp@CTphilanthropy.org
Contact: Annie Adams, Program Consultant; 860-525-5585