Nominate an innovative grantmaker for the Nancy P. Roberts Award!
The award honors a foundation or grantmaking organization for sustained innovation in philanthropy. This award will be given during CCP's Annual Conference in May 19, 2020. The nomination deadline is March 31, 2020. Learn more >>
Photo Caption: Tauck Family Foundation receives the 2018 Nancy P. Roberts Award for Innovation in Philanthropy. (Left to right) CCP President Karla Fortunato, CCP Board Chair Kathryn Luria, Webster Bank; Tauck Family Foundation President Liz Tauck Walters, and Nancy P. Roberts.
Nancy P. Roberts Award Recipients
The Connecticut Council for Philanthropy will recognize a Connecticut foundation or grantmaking organization for its innovative philanthropy. Nominee innovation must be for philanthropic activity that has some demonstrable impact or effect in Connecticut—statewide, in a region or in a community.
Types of innovation in philanthropy can include, but are not limited to:
- Forming a creative public/private partnership
- Encouraging a paradigm shift
- Developing an unusual collaboration
- Engaging in creative funding or investing
- Implementing a unique grantmaking strategy
- Leveraging resources by engaging in public policy activities
- Creating a culture of learning
- Nominee organizations must be a current Connecticut Council for Philanthropy member
- Individuals are not eligible for the award
- Anyone may nominate a member funder, except members of the Connecticut Council for Philanthropy’s Awards Committee. If an Awards Committee member’s organization is nominated, they will recuse themselves from the selection process. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
The Connecticut Council for Philanthropy will annually appoint a committee to review nominations and to select the honoree. This award will be given in conjunction with the CCP’s Annual Conference on May 19, 2020.
Nomination Process - Forms will be available soon.
- Write a letter of nomination describing the nominee organization related to the innovative philanthropy selection criteria. Be specific in your comments.
- Complete the nomination form
- Attach a brief (up to one-page) history of the nominee organization.
Nominations must be received via email by March 31, 2020. Send to: ccp@CTphilanthropy.org
Contact: Annie Adams, Program Consultant; 860-525-5585