The Nancy P. Roberts Award
honors a foundation or grantmaking organization
for sustained innovation
This Award will next be given in 2020.
Photo: Nancy P. Roberts with Janice Elliot, executive director, The Melville Charitable Trust -- the inaugural awardee.
Nancy P. Roberts Award Recipients
The Connecticut Council for Philanthropy will recognize a Connecticut foundation or grantmaking organization for its innovative philanthropy. Nominee innovation must be for philanthropic activity that has some demonstrable impact or effect in Connecticut—statewide, in a region or in a community.
Types of innovation in philanthropy can include, but are not limited to:
- Forming a creative public/private partnership
- Encouraging a paradigm shift
- Developing an unusual collaboration
- Engaging in creative funding or investing
- Implementing a unique grantmaking strategy
- Leveraging resources by engaging in public policy activities
- Creating a culture of learning
- Nominee organizations must be a current Connecticut Council for Philanthropy member
- Individuals are not eligible for the award
- Anyone may nominate a member funder, except members of the Connecticut Council for Philanthropy’s Awards Committee. If an Awards Committee member’s organization is nominated, they will recuse themselves from the selection process. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
The Connecticut Council for Philanthropy will annually appoint a committee to review nominations and to select the honoree. This award will be given in conjunction with the CCP’s Philanthropy Event to be held in Spring 2020.
Nomination Process - Forms will be available in January 2020.
- Write a letter of nomination describing the nominee organization related to the innovative philanthropy selection criteria. Be specific in your comments.
- Complete the nomination form
- Attach a brief (up to one-page) history of the nominee organization.
Nominations must be received via email by March 15, 2020. Send to: ccp@CTphilanthropy.org
Contact: Laurie Allen, Director of Communications; 860-525-5585